We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

As far as I know there are no zine meetups in London (I hope I'm wrong!)  Many smaller places seem to have evenings to work on zines, would anyone be interested in doing this in London?

Views: 251

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh yeah, btw I'm doing a free zine distro these days, and trade seems bafflingly slow so if anybody wants to get orders in just before our first meet up let me know. You can see what's in stock here.
Hi Eddie,
Good stuff, yeah i'd love a copy of latest you can't say no to hope (#13 i think) - ace! So what do we think people - fancy a meet at a pub somewhere central this month?

ALex
Nobody has said they can't do Sunday as far as I can see (please correct me anyone if you did!). I am happy to hand over to you if you were already doing this so maybe you could name a Sunday and time and then it will be real, woo!

Dickon said:
Hi. I have been running an Zine event called 'Zine Picnic' at the Royal Festival Hall. I have tended to do more of them in the summer months as the weather is better but I am happy to coincide with this.

Let me know what day you fancy doing it. Weds night is ruled out for me because of football. Would a Sunday work?
Wow, zine picnic sounds like a fun event! If you fancied it you could all come to my night in Shoreditch (i know, but it's not trendyu promise!) It's free, very relaxed, good music, there's a crafty competition and even table tennis! More info at www.comegetfeltup.com April 22nd, a Thursday. Hope that appeals, no worries if not, we'll sort someat else out but thought could combine the shameless promotion with a(n) (in)decent proposal! Alex

kate said:
Nobody has said they can't do Sunday as far as I can see (please correct me anyone if you did!). I am happy to hand over to you if you were already doing this so maybe you could name a Sunday and time and then it will be real, woo!

Dickon said:
Hi. I have been running an Zine event called 'Zine Picnic' at the Royal Festival Hall. I have tended to do more of them in the summer months as the weather is better but I am happy to coincide with this.

Let me know what day you fancy doing it. Weds night is ruled out for me because of football. Would a Sunday work?
I'd be interested
Helen
yes this sounds fun! count me in!
How did this progress?

I'd be really interested in a meet up with some London zine folk...

I also saw that there is a zine fair at Camberwell College on the 27th September - there is an event for it on Facebook but I can't make it link for some reason.
Ahh did this ever come to anything? I'd love to come along!

Anything ever happen with this? I'm living in London as of last month and I'd be happy to help organise anything. We used to do a monthly zine social in Brighton and it was fun.

Sorry I have failed to do anything on this thread for over a year!!  I didn't want to step on the foot of the person already doing an event at the Royal Festival Hall but they never really got back so maybe we could try to come up with a first date.  We could rotate evenings a bit if there isn't a good evening for everyone?

Hi

Still interested, Royal Festival Hall sounds a good venue. Also downstairs in the Barbican is a lot of empty space or there are pubs with  meeting rooms. Monthly is a good interval.

Helen 

Im interested in the London zine group idea..maybe we could all produce a zine together :)

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service