We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

As far as I know there are no zine meetups in London (I hope I'm wrong!)  Many smaller places seem to have evenings to work on zines, would anyone be interested in doing this in London?

Views: 249

Replies to This Discussion

yes please!

i was thinking about this earlier after going to brighton zinefest at the weekend. i looked up the london zine symposium but couldn't work out how it was organised.

i'd love to start some other kind of meetup though, and i know other people who would come along. it would be great to have a gang of people to talk about and swap zines with!
Laura - Glad to get a reply so fast! I will leave this up the rest of the week for anyone to say if a) they are interested b) any times they can't do regularly. Then unless anyone has any other ideas for how to sort out a meeting I can come back in a week to try to identify a potential regular night (do you think fortnightly? or monthly?) I can't do the next few Mondays.
ha, yeah, sitting on the internet at work being very bored!

hmm, not sure about the timings, fortnightly might be too much to begin with, perhaps start once a month and get people coming and then make them more regular? as for a day, saturdays aren't good for me cos i do my riot grrrl clubnight :) but all other days are good.

i think it would be good to have it in a really public place too, so people can come along and scope it out before they have to commit to coming and sitting down!

kate said:
Laura - Glad to get a reply so fast! I will leave this up the rest of the week for anyone to say if a) they are interested b) any times they can't do regularly. Then unless anyone has any other ideas for how to sort out a meeting I can come back in a week to try to identify a potential regular night (do you think fortnightly? or monthly?) I can't do the next few Mondays.
Public place sounds good. We could maybe do it in the Royal Festival Hall as they are generally okay with people hanging out without having to buy anything and it's central.

Laura Wilson said:

hmm, not sure about the timings, fortnightly might be too much to begin with, perhaps start once a month and get people coming and then make them more regular? as for a day, saturdays aren't good for me cos i do my riot grrrl clubnight :) but all other days are good.

i think it would be good to have it in a really public place too, so people can come along and scope it out before they have to commit to coming and sitting down!

kate said:
I was thinking there too, as I know Stitch and Bitch have meetings there and they have no problems.

kate said:
Public place sounds good. We could maybe do it in the Royal Festival Hall as they are generally okay with people hanging out without having to buy anything and it's central.

Laura Wilson said:

kate said:
Great! Monthly should work best as well.

Laura Wilson said:
I was thinking there too, as I know Stitch and Bitch have meetings there and they have no problems.

kate said:

Laura Wilson said:

kate said:
Hello. I'd be interested in this too. Been toying with the idea for ages. An element of zineswapping/zinecrossing would be nice. I can't do Saturday daytimes due to day job, and Tuesday evenings when I'm learning Spanish but otherwise pretty flexible. And monthly sounds sensible.
Hey guys,

Im definitely interested too. Once a month sounds good, and I would make myself free :)

I am based in Kingston so pretty easy to get into central London or wherever you guys think to meet up.

But 100% interested :)

Tarz
Thanks Eddie and Tarz! Will rule out Wednesday and Saturdays.
London zine symposium is pretty much organised by Last Hours (read Edd (Hey Monkey Riot) and Natalie (bicycle Clips)). More info available here:
http://www.londonzinesymposium.org.uk/

(Though I guess you've already looked at the website)

You'd be welcome to go to one of the Brighton events too I'm sure!

There has been zineswap events in London, but not sure about other socials around zines
Hi. I have been running an Zine event called 'Zine Picnic' at the Royal Festival Hall. I have tended to do more of them in the summer months as the weather is better but I am happy to coincide with this.

Let me know what day you fancy doing it. Weds night is ruled out for me because of football. Would a Sunday work?
Hi,
I'd be interested in coming to this too, any weekday evening/weekend would be fine, if we met once in a while. A collaborative zine and a bit of zine swapping as well as plenty of cake would definitely appeal to me!
Alex

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service