We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm putting together a page of links to zine resources for my review blog and wanted to get some feedback from the community here.

You can see what I already have here.

I'm looking for links in the categories listed but am open to others as well. I'm not looking for libraries, blogs or individual zines as there are way too many to list and keep up with.

I'm going to be checking in with these links every couple of months to make sure they're all up to date and still active. That way this list will always be as complete and up to date as possible.

Thanks!!

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this is a great idea!
And thank you so much for adding a link to my distro!
That seems pretty good.
Persephone! Great name! I am very taken with the Persephone myth, and I'm always wanting to give something (zine, poem, etc) the name Pomegranate. The sound of the word and the image of the fruit are both so good.

Your list looks good. A number of those distros are new to me so I'm going to check them out now, thanks. There's also an lj community called zine_scene that is a good way to read about new project announcements and so forth. http://community.livejournal.com/zine_scene/
Thanks everyone!

Katie, I've always felt a connection with the Persephone myth as well, I like the Dianic version with Persephone, Demeter & Hecate forming a trinity.

Amber, I haven't decided yet if I want to do links to other review blogs for the same reason as libraries, & individual zine sites, I'm afraid there are too many to keep up with. It's something I'm going to look into though and if I end up putting them up, hello amber will definitely be on it. I love your blog!!
hey my zine is here: www.lightsgoout.co.uk and www.myspace.com/lightsgooutpunkzine
we'd love a link if possible and can link back (as soon as we get around to doing that page!) :)
I subscribed to your blog and friended you on myspace. I'm not going to be putting individual zines on this page because I want to keep it completely up to date and there are too many zines out there for me to try to keep up with. I may eventually do a page specifically for individual zines and if I do I'll definitely add your site.
That looks like a really useful resource, it's now bookmarked.

I think there was someone doing something kind of similar but more geographically organised - there was a link on here a few months back but I can't find it, can anyone help out?
Me & Steve (aka Stephanos here) were working on zinery.co.uk as a uk guide, with regional guides and a clickable zine map. The map's pretty up to date, but the rest of the site still needs a lot of work. When I get time, I guess.
I should add that the map is Steve's work, which is why it's ready. I need to do the other bits.

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Me & Steve (aka Stephanos here) were working on zinery.co.uk as a uk guide, with regional guides and a clickable zine map. The map's pretty up to date, but the rest of the site still needs a lot of work. When I get time, I guess.
That's the one!

If only there was some way to put the zine part of Steve/Stephanos' brain on the internet?

Emma Jane Falconer said:
I should add that the map is Steve's work, which is why it's ready. I need to do the other bits.

Emma Jane Falconer said:
oh damn.
im getting a review? THANKS.
let me know if you want some physical copies for the full effect.
there is also a distro by my house. here is a link! http://rpszinelibrary.wordpress.com/
Emma, I'll definitely add the UK guide to the list. If anyone finds other countries let me know and I'll add those as well.

Josh, No problem! I printed out a few copies so no need to send me any. Thanks for the distro link, I'll add it asap.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service