We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm putting together a page of links to zine resources for my review blog and wanted to get some feedback from the community here.


You can see what I already have here.


I'm looking for links in the categories listed but am open to others as well. I'm not looking for libraries, blogs or individual zines as there are way too many to list and keep up with.


I'm going to be checking in with these links every couple of months to make sure they're all up to date and still active. That way this list will always be as complete and up to date as possible.


Thanks!!

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is my zine map http://bit.ly/zinemap
Haha, If there was some way of uploading my consciousness I'd be annoying to everyone at once, rather than a select few!

I have a feeling I may need to learn some mysql to make the zinemap more functional...but that seems like lots of effort!
Zinemap is constantly being updated, if anyone else would like to help me add pins to it it would be much appreciated!

CXMNZ said:
That's the one!

If only there was some way to put the zine part of Steve/Stephanos' brain on the internet?

Emma Jane Falconer said:
I should add that the map is Steve's work, which is why it's ready. I need to do the other bits.

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Me & Steve (aka Stephanos here) were working on zinery.co.uk as a uk guide, with regional guides and a clickable zine map. The map's pretty up to date, but the rest of the site still needs a lot of work. When I get time, I guess.
The zine map is awesome Stephanos! Thanks for taking the time to put that together!
It would have been much more comprehensive by now, but as mentioned on the zinery, some idiot moved half of the pins into the sea so had to redo the whole thing

Persephone Pomegranate said:
The zine map is awesome Stephanos! Thanks for taking the time to put that together!
I'd link to any online zine archives, like the the punk zine archive that has tons of scanned in issues of old zines.

Also, the Queer Zine Archive Project (QZAP) and Zine Archive and Publishing Project (ZAPP) and some of the zine library resources. Perhaps mailing list info too? There's an often fairly active list-serve for zine librarians. And I might link directly into Zine World's calendar of zine events.
Is it possible for anyone to add stuff to the map, or is it all down to you? Would you mind popping Angry at the Bus Stop on there? You've got my details right?

If you want a hand sorting out a database based mashup/directory let me know, I'll be able to sort something out pretty simply for you.

Stephanos said:
It would have been much more comprehensive by now, but as mentioned on the zinery, some idiot moved half of the pins into the sea so had to redo the whole thing

Persephone Pomegranate said:
The zine map is awesome Stephanos! Thanks for taking the time to put that together!
used to be anyone able to, but had to make it just me and authorised collaborators to prevent it all being deleted by vandals again

CXMNZ said:
Is it possible for anyone to add stuff to the map, or is it all down to you? Would you mind popping Angry at the Bus Stop on there? You've got my details right?

If you want a hand sorting out a database based mashup/directory let me know, I'll be able to sort something out pretty simply for you.

Stephanos said:
It would have been much more comprehensive by now, but as mentioned on the zinery, some idiot moved half of the pins into the sea so had to redo the whole thing

Persephone Pomegranate said:
The zine map is awesome Stephanos! Thanks for taking the time to put that together!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service