We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I was thinking about doing a zine on some of life's strangest moments (e.g. the day I ended up biking home with a giant dog crate strapped to my rack)

Anyone have a memorable moment they want to add?

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that's a good start.
i think i may be so surrounded by strangenss every day that i've kinda of become slightly immune... which is unfortunate in this situation.
ahh well
I fell through thick snow into a sewer once. My snow suit kept me from going in past my arms. Then the same day fell through knee deep ice at the outdoor rink. Strange day for sure. I was 8.
i wrote about 13 different random strange moments from my life in my newest zine, this is a GREAT idea!

but here's one just for this thread.

one day in 10th grade or so, i skipped school and when i came home late, to cover my ass i told my grandmother that i tried to call home but the phone was disconnected...which is an outrageous lie, but she confirmed that the phone was disconnected part of the day however added, "oh, that's no excuse..."

*boggle* it was the mid 90's and there was no other way i could have gotten in touch with my folks or anyone at home? either way, she bought the lie, the school couldnt call and say i wasnt there cause again phone disconnected and i didnt get in trouble..i had a lovely day at the mall and all was right with the world.

oh and hey kids skipping school is bad...stay in school!
You skipped school? I thought you were homeschooled?

I'm Not Lion / Zacery said:
(I skipped school for three weeks once without anyone realizing - best. three. weeks. of. my. life!)

Anyway, these stories are hilarious - I would LOVE to read a zine like this.
NicoleIntrovert said:
You skipped school? I thought you were homeschooled?

I'm Not Lion / Zacery said:
(I skipped school for three weeks once without anyone realizing - best. three. weeks. of. my. life!)

Anyway, these stories are hilarious - I would LOVE to read a zine like this.

I hope he didn't run away from home for 3 weeks w/o anyone noticing.
If that works for you... :D I couldn't do online school. Whatev.

The Navy Men's Glee Club is coming to sing at our school tomorrow. That has a reserved spot on the list (no offence to anyone in teh Navy Men's Glee Club.)

If anyone wants to write something about their school-skipping experiences, I've got space! you can either post them here or send them to amy@goldenlaurels.org
oh gosh... school skipping experiences. I wouldn't even know when to start. I still skip school to have adventures, though in university no one really cares. in fact, sometimes it's pretty darn beneficial to skip class.

Amy said:
If that works for you... :D I couldn't do online school. Whatev.

The Navy Men's Glee Club is coming to sing at our school tomorrow. That has a reserved spot on the list (no offence to anyone in teh Navy Men's Glee Club.)

If anyone wants to write something about their school-skipping experiences, I've got space! you can either post them here or send them to amy@goldenlaurels.org
the school calls your family if you have an unexcused absence. I feel so... left out of all these growing up experiences.
eh, my schools used to do that, too, I never really cared. there's always some excuse. I was upset over something, my friend was upset over something, I got my period, etc.
but I guess I was a bit of a rebellious kid, haha.

Amy said:
the school calls your family if you have an unexcused absence. I feel so... left out of all these growing up experiences.
lol ;D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service