We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey,
I've been a week in Italy and traded a few zines with the other bands playing shows where I went by, but it was mostly hardcore music zines. I know how much hardcore zines are important in the french zine scene, but I also know a few good non-music zines from this country. I wonder if there is other kind of zines published in Italy (it could be in English as well as Italian). Let me know if you know some zines of if you're an Italian zinester.

thanks,
giz

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gianni Simone is an excellent Italian zine writer (in English). He lives in Japan, where he works as an Italian teacher at a university. He's on here, or you can google his name to find his blog.
hey, I'm from Italy and I've got a comic in english
and I'll be happy to trade it for one of my zines when I'll be back in france.
but my point was, is there non-music zines actually published in italian ?

Brillo said:
there are a lot of political ones, I don't know of any other kinds

Giz said:
and I'll be happy to trade it for one of my zines when I'll be back in france.
but my point was, is there non-music zines actually published in italian ?

Brillo said:
The goldmine of Italian zines is Gianluca Umiliacchi's site "Fanzine italiane"
http://www.fanzineitaliane.it/
Unfortunately it's all in Italian but you said you didn't mind about the language so...
As fa as I know, many Italian zines are of the "mix" variety: a little bit of everyhting; short sories, rants, poetry, interviews, etc. There are also several literary reviews. One thing you will have a hard time finding is the classic "perzine" that is so popular in the US.
in fact, I'm looking for italian zines because of my interest for the zine scene in this country (I live around monaco which is not so far away), and to basically train myself to read some italian again.
I've found an online archive where you can download loads of Italian (punk) zines...

(you have to go to each zine page and then in the big green "Scarica" button to download the pdf.)

http://www.punk4free.org/downloads.html?func=select&id=42

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service