We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

i haven't seen a new issue in a long time.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Funny you should ask....

1. July 7, 2009, I sent Chris $2 for a couple issues of S&L, and a few zines for *optional* (but hopeful) review.

No answer or S&L.

Three months later, October 28, I sent her another zine, along with my e-mail address, and asked if she'd gotten my letter, money, etc. (I didn't find an e-mail address under her entry in the Zine World website.)

November 28, and still no answer.

While I'm at it...

2. August 29, I sent in $4 to "Mab" of "Stringbean" review-zine for a couple zines, the current & the one my zines would be reviewed in.

No SB's have arrived.

Oct. 27, I e-mailed Mab, asking if he'd gotten my zines & money.

Still, no answer.

3. Sept., day unknown,probably 1st week, ALLiance, by Chris Lempa, $4 & 2 "goodwill" zines/no trade expected, then a follow-up inquiry Oct. 16.

No zines.

Three other zines I haven't seen hide nor hair of, ordered on:

4. August 3, Jesus Christ Super Zine, by Ariel. Reviewed as a "trader". Sent mine & more in trade.

5. September 20, Samurai Sword. Sent several of my zines in trade.

6. September 19, Eaves of Ass. Sent 2 of my zines in trade.

Yes, yes, I know. I haven't e-mail or re-written these last 3, but considering the pattern that's emerging, I'm not sure if I should waste any more time at it.

I would like to sincerely thank those who DID send your zines---you know who you are---but I think 6 "no shows" is a bit much, isn't it?

JND
Last I heard, Slug and Lettuce was on hiatus because Chris Boarts-Larson (editor) had a baby. The last one that came out (if I remember correctly) was late 2006, where Chris announced it. Love to see a new issue!
THat was my understanding too. Chris has been super busy with her son... who, by the way, is sooo super cute. I saw him at the Richmond Zine Fest.

Shawn Granton said:
Last I heard, Slug and Lettuce was on hiatus because Chris Boarts-Larson (editor) had a baby. The last one that came out (if I remember correctly) was late 2006, where Chris announced it. Love to see a new issue!
ah, i must have missed that. Thanks for the update :)

NicoleIntrovert said:
THat was my understanding too. Chris has been super busy with her son... who, by the way, is sooo super cute. I saw him at the Richmond Zine Fest.

Shawn Granton said:
Have you read Give Me Back yet? Its a music/punk culture zine out of the D.C. area, it sort of picked up where Heartattack ended... http://givemeback.org/
yeah i have. I was never a big fan of Heartattack, especially near the end. But Give Me Back is definitely better, or at least a step in the right direction

NicoleIntrovert said:
Have you read Give Me Back yet? Its a music/punk culture zine out of the D.C. area, it sort of picked up where Heartattack ended... http://givemeback.org/

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

The Word Distribution

© 2016   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service