We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

i haven't seen a new issue in a long time.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Funny you should ask....

1. July 7, 2009, I sent Chris $2 for a couple issues of S&L, and a few zines for *optional* (but hopeful) review.

No answer or S&L.

Three months later, October 28, I sent her another zine, along with my e-mail address, and asked if she'd gotten my letter, money, etc. (I didn't find an e-mail address under her entry in the Zine World website.)

November 28, and still no answer.

While I'm at it...

2. August 29, I sent in $4 to "Mab" of "Stringbean" review-zine for a couple zines, the current & the one my zines would be reviewed in.

No SB's have arrived.

Oct. 27, I e-mailed Mab, asking if he'd gotten my zines & money.

Still, no answer.

3. Sept., day unknown,probably 1st week, ALLiance, by Chris Lempa, $4 & 2 "goodwill" zines/no trade expected, then a follow-up inquiry Oct. 16.

No zines.

Three other zines I haven't seen hide nor hair of, ordered on:

4. August 3, Jesus Christ Super Zine, by Ariel. Reviewed as a "trader". Sent mine & more in trade.

5. September 20, Samurai Sword. Sent several of my zines in trade.

6. September 19, Eaves of Ass. Sent 2 of my zines in trade.

Yes, yes, I know. I haven't e-mail or re-written these last 3, but considering the pattern that's emerging, I'm not sure if I should waste any more time at it.

I would like to sincerely thank those who DID send your zines---you know who you are---but I think 6 "no shows" is a bit much, isn't it?

JND
Last I heard, Slug and Lettuce was on hiatus because Chris Boarts-Larson (editor) had a baby. The last one that came out (if I remember correctly) was late 2006, where Chris announced it. Love to see a new issue!
THat was my understanding too. Chris has been super busy with her son... who, by the way, is sooo super cute. I saw him at the Richmond Zine Fest.

Shawn Granton said:
Last I heard, Slug and Lettuce was on hiatus because Chris Boarts-Larson (editor) had a baby. The last one that came out (if I remember correctly) was late 2006, where Chris announced it. Love to see a new issue!
ah, i must have missed that. Thanks for the update :)

NicoleIntrovert said:
THat was my understanding too. Chris has been super busy with her son... who, by the way, is sooo super cute. I saw him at the Richmond Zine Fest.

Shawn Granton said:
Have you read Give Me Back yet? Its a music/punk culture zine out of the D.C. area, it sort of picked up where Heartattack ended... http://givemeback.org/
yeah i have. I was never a big fan of Heartattack, especially near the end. But Give Me Back is definitely better, or at least a step in the right direction

NicoleIntrovert said:
Have you read Give Me Back yet? Its a music/punk culture zine out of the D.C. area, it sort of picked up where Heartattack ended... http://givemeback.org/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service