We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Is anyone interested in earning cash or prizes for selling zines?

You can earn candy dispensers, kid's meal toys, trading cards, a copy of Crazed Mazes Issue #1 preview, $1, or if you have any other ideas for prizes you would like let me know!

Here's how it works:

1. You give me your postal address and I'll mail you 10 copies of Crazed Mazes Issue #1 (10 page preview). You make no investment and I pay the postage.

2. You sell the copies for $1 each.

3. You mail $10 to the address below to claim your prize, or just send $9 if you'd like to have $1 as your prize:

Myron Smith

P.O. Box 354

Ridgeway, VA 24148

4. You'll recieve your prize in the mail and if you'd like I will send 10 more issues.

For more details on prizes just send me a msg!

Sorry but offer is not available to residents of VA or NC.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ahhhh WOW
i don't even know how to respond to this...
I got the idea while I was reading an old Richie Rich comic book. Remember how a lot of old comics used to have ads where they would have prizes for selling stuff? I thought it seemed like an interesting idea.

Derek Neuland said:
i don't even know how to respond to this...

So kind of you to give people $1 for doing your distribution work for you. 

You could look at it like that. You could also think of it as being part of the Crazed Mazes street team. I also thought of another idea. If anyone would like to give me their zines I would do the same for them. I think it'd be a good idea. To anyone who is a zine maker I could send you 10 copies of my zine and then you could send me $10 worth of your zines and I can try to sell your zines here in Martinsville, VA and you can try to sell mine in whatever town you live in. If you can't sell them, no big deal. I don't expect you to ship them back and I will try my best to sell your copies just keep in mind that I live in a small town. $1 is one of the prize ideas I mentioned but if someone thinks the prizes are a rip off other ideas can be discussed. Keep in mind the toys and trading cards are worth more than $1 to some people. You can msg me for a more detailed list of prizes. I realize I wont get paid for a lot of these zines and I am covering all the postage, so I don't think I'm going to make a lot of money. I just figured it'd be a fun way to take part in the zine world.

NicoleIntrovert said:

Is there anything that you don't complain about?

NicoleIntrovert said:

I admire your attempts at doing something different. No one gets hurt and  people know the deal beofre they get involved so it's not like you're tricking them into doing your dirty work. Good luck. If you all wanna be balloon pullers and piss on someone's ideas that's your business, but if you ask me life's too short for that kind of thing. It doesn't hurt me, it doesn't hurt anyone so best of luck.

Thank you. Thats kinda how I felt about it. I figured I might get some criticism for posting that new thread, but I figured I'd try to think outside the box. I've been distributing all I can in my little town, looking up distros and zine fests, trading zines, trying to draw submissions for other people's zines, trying to get my zine reviewed, and anything else I can do to promote my art. So if anyone is interested in any of these things let me know.  

Ericfishlegs said:

I admire your attempts at doing something different. No one gets hurt and  people know the deal beofre they get involved so it's not like you're tricking them into doing your dirty work. Good luck. If you all wanna be balloon pullers and piss on someone's ideas that's your business, but if you ask me life's too short for that kind of thing. It doesn't hurt me, it doesn't hurt anyone so best of luck.

I put your copies in the mail today. :)

Harley R. Pageot said:

If you're cool with mailing outside the country, I'm down.  I run the Broken Arts Zine Distro in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada and we'd be interested in taking some.  Info about us and mailing address here: http://www.brokenarts.ca/zinedistro.php

Did you consider sending this to distros for consideration?
Yes. I'm open to that too.

Erin H said:
Did you consider sending this to distros for consideration?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service