We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So, I was kicking around the idea of just declaring a month as International Zine Month. It seems like a fun idea to sort of focus attention to zines and maybe give librarians or educators and excuse to use zines in their work or distros a reason to have a sale or the media a reason to talk about us. I also sort of figured it was one of those things that if people talked about it enough it would become true.

I was thinking that July would be a good month for International Zine Month and that way it would tie in nicely with the 24 hour zine project. So, what do all of you think?

I'm considering just mentioning it in Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2 and seeing where it goes from there.

thought?

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is awesome. I've sent in my contribution to Entry Point, and will definitely be writing another 24-hour zine this year.
Oh man this is such a great idea! Wooo!
So... what sort of zine events are going on in your area? Have you organzied a reading? declared that you are going to make a 24 hour zine this year? Have you contributed to the Entry Points zine?

I updated the International Zine Month website with some events but there has to be more! Let me know about it!
so... what else is there to do if there arent zinesters in my area? I think the only thing i can do now is the 24 hour zine... :(
Leave zines in random places around town, on buses or in bathroom. Collaborate with another zine person to create a long distance split zine. make zine fliers for your zine and send them out to others or leave those around town. make a personal campaign to get your zine distroed, or to trade x amount of zines or introduce x amount of people to zines for the month or get your zine stocked in a shop in a another city.

Denise said:
so... what else is there to do if there arent zinesters in my area? I think the only thing i can do now is the 24 hour zine... :(
September :) not too hot not too cold....just right.....it's a cut n paste of seasonal weather as far as months go...the kinda month that makes ya say "gosh i wanna go out there in the world and change it and darn it i'm gonna do it myself....oh yeah i guess i'm born in that month so i'm sorta partial too.
In Celebration of International Zine Month:

I just got my Entry Point flat and hope to make copies this weekend. Then I will hand a copy of the zine to anyone silly enough to make eye contact with me. Ok, I won't be that pushy, but I will offer them up to anyone who shows even polite interest.

I'm also going to do the 24 Hour Zine Thing for the first time EVER!

I should make a t-shirt too. I have iron on letters at home. Maybe I could make a zine that says "Ask Me About Zines!"

I like Alex's idea to leave free copies of zines around town.
omg love the tshirt idea. been thinking of a witty line that incorporates zines for the LONGEST TIME!

Chantel G. said:
In Celebration of International Zine Month:

I just got my Entry Point flat and hope to make copies this weekend. Then I will hand a copy of the zine to anyone silly enough to make eye contact with me. Ok, I won't be that pushy, but I will offer them up to anyone who shows even polite interest.

I'm also going to do the 24 Hour Zine Thing for the first time EVER!

I should make a t-shirt too. I have iron on letters at home. Maybe I could make a zine that says "Ask Me About Zines!"

I like Alex's idea to leave free copies of zines around town.
Oh yes, you should make an "Ask Me About Zines" t-shirt too! T-shirts for everyone!

I am going to leave the house soon and go to my favorite thrift store to find a t-shirt that fits so I can iron those letters on it. I'll take photos once it's done and post them on my page.

Just realized I accidentally wrote in my post that I wanted to make a zine that said, "Ask Me About Zines," but I meant t-shirt. But writing a zine about zines could be fun too...kind of a meta zine.

I Am said:
omg love the tshirt idea. been thinking of a witty line that incorporates zines for the LONGEST TIME!

Chantel G. said:
In Celebration of International Zine Month:

I just got my Entry Point flat and hope to make copies this weekend. Then I will hand a copy of the zine to anyone silly enough to make eye contact with me. Ok, I won't be that pushy, but I will offer them up to anyone who shows even polite interest.

I'm also going to do the 24 Hour Zine Thing for the first time EVER!

I should make a t-shirt too. I have iron on letters at home. Maybe I could make a zine that says "Ask Me About Zines!"

I like Alex's idea to leave free copies of zines around town.
In celebration of International Zine Month, I've marked down all my zines to $1. Fun times!
http://schoolformaps.etsy.com
Maranda that's awesome!

I love the t-shirt idea! Does anyone want to make it up as a button design and I can make some up to give away at the symposium or sell for super cheap?
If I were good at that sort of thing, I would totally do it, but iron on letters is about all I'm capable of.

Alex Wrekk said:
Maranda that's awesome!

I love the t-shirt idea! Does anyone want to make it up as a button design and I can make some up to give away at the symposium or sell for super cheap?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service