We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So, I was kicking around the idea of just declaring a month as International Zine Month. It seems like a fun idea to sort of focus attention to zines and maybe give librarians or educators and excuse to use zines in their work or distros a reason to have a sale or the media a reason to talk about us. I also sort of figured it was one of those things that if people talked about it enough it would become true.

I was thinking that July would be a good month for International Zine Month and that way it would tie in nicely with the 24 hour zine project. So, what do all of you think?

I'm considering just mentioning it in Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2 and seeing where it goes from there.

thought?

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the shirt I made for International Zine Month. Sorry you have to twist your head to look at it. I couldn't figure out how to make it rotate.

That's an awesome shirt Chantel!
Thanks for the shirt compliments! Glad y'all like it!

How did I never use iron-on letters before now?
I was talking to my housemate about how he is going to do 1 zine ever 24 hours for the whole month... we'll see if that works out. He's trying to get me to do a split zine with him, maybe I'll do my beer zine then!

I'm also thinking that each year we could have themes. I think split zines would be a rad theme. It encourages people to work together on zine projects. That's next year though. Right now let's just raise awareness and make fun zines!
I love the idea of theme zines Alex. I'd be up for that!
i was also thinking that someone should create a digital image for IZM that we could post up all over the place the way the NANOWriMo people do in November. Something that would say "I participate in IZM" or something.
also happening in london:

56a Zine Library Benefit and Relaunch Weekend

Saturday 25th July Launch Party Music & Distros at The Grosvenor in Stockwell
7.30pm

Music from: jean genet, husbands, chaps and candy panic attack. all zinesters and diy musicians alike.
Distros: Cherry Bomb Comics, Ricochet Ricochet, 56a and more tbc

Sunday 26th July at 56a (crampton street, Elephant and Castle Tube)
Pancake breakfast from 12 noon
Workshops, discussions, exhibition, zine library browsing, general hanging out
(specific activities confirmed; self published comics discussion, practical
squatting and bike fixing workshops)
more workshops and discussions needed/wanted!! fans of the 56a library bring forth your ideas.

crashspaces available for weekenders
website for details: www.56a.org.uk
Happy International Zine Month everyone!
has anyone worked on this? I dont have any techy digital drawing/photo media right now though :O

Alex Wrekk said:
i was also thinking that someone should create a digital image for IZM that we could post up all over the place the way the NANOWriMo people do in November. Something that would say "I participate in IZM" or something.
I haven't had the time. My friend was calling it InZiMo which I thought was hilarious!

I Am said:
has anyone worked on this? I dont have any techy digital drawing/photo media right now though :O

Alex Wrekk said:

I really excited....

I was start to making a new edition of my zine again last week.

And i don't realize this idea yet..because i haven't login to this site for quite a long time

SOoooo, when today i got this information

It is a WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

What a great match....... My zine is in process, and i am sure it will be publish this week!!!!!

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service