We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

International Zine Month 2012! What are your plans?

So, what are your plans?

I'm attending the Portland Zine Symposium 24 hour zine challenge in July 21!

Views: 497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pete's Mini Zine Fest on 7/21 and a visit that weekend from my best zine girl.

We'll do something at Barnard to celebrate International Zine Library Day, also 7/21, but I don't know what yet.

IZM will end with the Zine Librarians (un)Conference in Pittsburgh 7/28 and 29.

Instant conversion to British Standard Real Time Measurement: 7/21 = 21/7, 7/28-29 = 28 - 29/7. So July's international zine month huh, great!

We are working on planning some exciting events at the Portland Button Works shop!

I'm going to make my first ever 24-hour zine!  I've been meaning to do it every bloody year, but every time July comes around I seem to be too busy to put time aside to actually make a zine! 

well shit.

i had no idea.

i was actually going to take a break from being so zine obsessed, since i am taking this fast-paced summer school class.  i guess, instead, i will make some zines?

Derek and I just published a new episode of our Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast! We talk a lot about International Zine Month and what we have been up to for the past year.

I printed a a little poster with my Risograph of 31 zine activities for 31 days of International Zine Month! They are available for free in our Portland Button Works shop and come free with every online order at Portland Button Works(along with our PBW Quarterly zine) OR you could get the PDF and print your own here.

-Or send a self addressed Stamped Envelope to:

Portland Button Works

1322 N Killingsworth Ave

Portland, Oregon 97217

I'm making a 24 hour zine! (And finishing my half of my first ever split zine!)

Happy first day of International Zine Month!

here we go! i'm super excited. international zine month rules! i'm working on collating & assembling more copies of sub rosa #7, the sobriety issue. i'm also working on issue #8 which is way more upbeat & positive (not that getting sober isn't positive but getting there wasn't). i'm also headed to dc for the zine fest & portland in august for the symposium. i'm helping to organize philly's first feminist zine fest in august! it's a busy, busy month!

I know I keep posting about it, but I am stoked for International Zine Month! I think the 31 activities idea is awesome. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service