We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm starting a zine distro. I'm currently accepting zine submissions, and any tips you could give me!

This Saturday Night Distro is accepting zines for distro consideration!

Zines will be sold on consignment, and the profits will be split 60/40.

We are currently interested in stocking any zine really, perzines, mini zines, zines on how to purchase a stuffed animal, music zines, poetry.. Anything! Well wait.. No not anything!
Nothing racist or insanely oonscene. But I do accept political zines. You may submit multiple zines or zine issues if you'd like.

Please send a copy of your actual zine, and a short description of your zines including how you came up with the idea.  I will not return submissions unless you request the zine(s) back and you've included a self-addressed envelope with your zine so I can mail it back to you.

When submitting a zine for consideration, please be sure to include:

Zine Title
Author
Mailing Address
Email Address
Website URL
Retail Price
Zine Description

Please send all zines to:

This Satruday Night Distro
4535 S. Lockwood Ridge Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34231
USA

You should hear back from me in about three weeks,  but you don't and you start to get a bit worried you can send me an email at thissaturdaynight@yahoo.com

*Also if anyone has any tips about starting and maintaining a zone distro please reply. Thank you!

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, you're in Sarasota? You should (if you feel like it) check out our Sunshine State Zinesters group. I was in the middle of trying to get a mini-distro going myself but planning on only carrying local Bay area stuff and selling it mostly locally (shows, record & coffee shops). Feel free to let me know if you interested in sending anything. Sorry, didn't mean to plug my own baby distro. That's exciting about yours, though. I'll send you something, I hope you like it.
Some tips:

-Make sure you're willing to/able to shell out a bunch of cash at first. Don't expect to make it back, at least not right away. And you won't make much money, if any. Maybe enough to buy a coffee or something.
-Purchase all your supplies now, including envelopes, notepads, sharpies, folders, some kind of storage unit, and maybe stamps to mail out cash payments. I also have a postage scale, but that's optional.
-Be organized! It's really hard to keep up sometimes, but it is super important to have records of your orders, your inventory, who you stock, people's e-mails, addresses, who you have to pay, orders you need to complete, etc. If you're not organized, things will fall apart.
-I like to let people know, on the main page of my website, the last date I updated the catalog or site. This lets people know you're not defunct or in limbo or something.
-Try to keep your catalog fresh - add new zines as often as you can, discount zines that sit in your catalog for a while, etc.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Your idea abou a mini-distro is a great idea! Maybe I will send something along.

Danny Olda said:
Wow, you're in Sarasota? You should (if you feel like it) check out our Sunshine State Zinesters group. I was in the middle of trying to get a mini-distro going myself but planning on only carrying local Bay area stuff and selling it mostly locally (shows, record & coffee shops). Feel free to let me know if you interested in sending anything. Sorry, didn't mean to plug my own baby distro. That's exciting about yours, though. I'll send you something, I hope you like it.
Thank you so much for the great tips!

Erin H said:
Some tips:

-Make sure you're willing to/able to shell out a bunch of cash at first. Don't expect to make it back, at least not right away. And you won't make much money, if any. Maybe enough to buy a coffee or something.
-Purchase all your supplies now, including envelopes, notepads, sharpies, folders, some kind of storage unit, and maybe stamps to mail out cash payments. I also have a postage scale, but that's optional.
-Be organized! It's really hard to keep up sometimes, but it is super important to have records of your orders, your inventory, who you stock, people's e-mails, addresses, who you have to pay, orders you need to complete, etc. If you're not organized, things will fall apart.
-I like to let people know, on the main page of my website, the last date I updated the catalog or site. This lets people know you're not defunct or in limbo or something.
-Try to keep your catalog fresh - add new zines as often as you can, discount zines that sit in your catalog for a while, etc.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
I finally got the site up! You can see it at http://thissaturdaynight.net yay!
I'm still accepting submissions! Even music zones are welcome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service