We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm looking for submissions for a one-off zine called I'm Not Like Other Girls.

What I want women and girls to do is to complete the sentence,
"I'm not like other girls because..."

I will make a zine of the responses.

The sentence will appear randomly placed, with all credits at the end, so your sentence and your credit aren't linked. This may help you to be more open, and the zine will flow much better too.

They may be categorised by theme, but that will depend on the submissions.

If you want to contribute, email me at incurable.hippie@googlemail.com

1) Put 'I'm not like other girls' in the subject line.
2) Email me your sentence (I'm not like other girls because...)
3) Tell me if you want to be anonymous.
4) If you want to be credited, tell me how (name / pseudonym, name of zine, etc)
5) If you want to receive a contributors' copy when it's ready, tell me your address too.

I can't guarantee your words will be put in the zine, but it's very likely. I only want submissions from women and girls.

Thanks!

Tags: call, for, girls, i'm, like, not, other, submissions, women

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

pfft, I'd hardly call Palin an american. I don't even know if she's human.

Amy said:
hear hear!

And I'm only prejuduced against a certain variety of my fellow countrymen. *cough*Palin*cough*. No. wait. I'm not going there. Anyway.

incurable hippie said:
On a different note, I think spending our way out of global recession is a bad idea. It reinforces the capitalist bollocks that caused it in the first place, with people spending money they don't have, including the environmental and social damage caused by constant unnecessary production :-S
: D well, her book is called 'Going Rogue, an American Life', but apparently it's mostly whining about how she was mistreated. Yeah. As if.

My main problem is all the people that LIKE her.

star blanket river child said:

Amy said:
hear hear!

And I'm only prejuduced against a certain variety of my fellow countrymen. *cough*Palin*cough*. No. wait. I'm not going there. Anyway.

incurable hippie said:
On a different note, I think spending our way out of global recession is a bad idea. It reinforces the capitalist bollocks that caused it in the first place, with people spending money they don't have, including the environmental and social damage caused by constant unnecessary production :-S
honestly, I don't know enough about her to really oppose her, but when she had a pregnant 17 year old and was still shrieking "no! no sex ed in american schools! that is bad! abstinence abstinence!" I gave up on her completely.

Amy said:
: D well, her book is called 'Going Rogue, an American Life', but apparently it's mostly whining about how she was mistreated. Yeah. As if.

My main problem is all the people that LIKE her.

star blanket river child said:

Amy said:
hear hear!

incurable hippie said:
She doesn't even know what a VP does. She doesn't know ANYTHING about the government. She bungled a ton of interviews. She doesn't even know what newspaper she reads, if she reads any. Oh. And she quit as Gov. I mean, seriously?
ahahaha I remember that interview.
"what books and magazines do you read?"
"oh, you know... all the ones that talk about the issues... *subject change*"
"but... which ones?"
"oh... all of them, really..."

that's probably something I'D say in an interview. and if you're going to be VP, you should be better at interviews than some 19 year old zine-ster.

Amy said:
She doesn't even know what a VP does. She doesn't know ANYTHING about the government. She bungled a ton of interviews. She doesn't even know what newspaper she reads, if she reads any. Oh. And she quit as Gov. I mean, seriously?
well, she didn't even know what the VP did. SHe thought they were the HEAD of the Senate.
you'd have to be superwoman to deal with a pregnant teenager, your own baby being disabled, and the country. Aside from not doing the best job, I think she would have gone nuts, so I'm glad things went the way they did.

Amy said:
well, she didn't even know what the VP did. SHe thought they were the HEAD of the Senate.
+ she had 0 experience. She was govenor of Alaska, which has very few people. Plus she spoke at an Alaskan Independence meeting. LOL.

Yeah. Me too. Else I might have moved to Canada. No, I wouldn't have. I love SEattle too much...
Have I missed my chance to contribute to this zine?
I'm afraid so! All the sentences have been compiled now and laid out. Damn!

Chantel G. said:
Have I missed my chance to contribute to this zine?
I finally got a post office box. do you have an etsy shop?
Who?

Amy said:
I finally got a post office box. do you have an etsy shop?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service