We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm looking for submissions for a one-off zine called I'm Not Like Other Girls.

What I want women and girls to do is to complete the sentence,
"I'm not like other girls because..."

I will make a zine of the responses.

The sentence will appear randomly placed, with all credits at the end, so your sentence and your credit aren't linked. This may help you to be more open, and the zine will flow much better too.

They may be categorised by theme, but that will depend on the submissions.

If you want to contribute, email me at incurable.hippie@googlemail.com

1) Put 'I'm not like other girls' in the subject line.
2) Email me your sentence (I'm not like other girls because...)
3) Tell me if you want to be anonymous.
4) If you want to be credited, tell me how (name / pseudonym, name of zine, etc)
5) If you want to receive a contributors' copy when it's ready, tell me your address too.

I can't guarantee your words will be put in the zine, but it's very likely. I only want submissions from women and girls.

Thanks!

Tags: call, for, girls, i'm, like, not, other, submissions, women

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Then it's going to be lots of money to ship it.
oh. Crud. It's the PC form of "crap".

incurable hippie said:
Amy said:
oh. You're in the UK? Cruds.

Nice!

crud (krd)
n.
1. Slang
a. A coating or an incrustation of filth or refuse.
b. Something loathsome, despicable, or worthless.
c. One who is contemptible or disgusting.
2. A disease or ailment, imaginary or real, especially one affecting the skin.
3. Sports Heavy, sticky snow that is unsuitable for skiing.
Not that PC, judging by the definition! I'd go with crap any time. Rather than being incrusted with filth, loathsome, despicable, worthless, contemptible and disgusting.

Amy said:

incurable hippie said:
Amy said:

Nice!

crud (krd)
n.
1. Slang
Yes it will cost me more to ship if you're not in the UK, which I presume you're not after your reaction! The price for this zine shouldn't be too much, shipping-wise, as it's not going to be heavy. But the prices are on the site anyway for the ones that are out now.

Amy said:
Then it's going to be lots of money to ship it.
ok
okay, I'm interrupting, but I'm a language freak, and I always find it interesting to see variations between places. "crud" isn't a Canadian term really, either, but I've always considered it on the same level as crap, as opposed to more political correct.

anyway! not trying to be rude or interrupt or whatever I just... found that really fascinating, haha. sorry, guys. it could make a good zine topic.

one more little thing- I wouldn't think it'd be that more expensive. Canadian postage is much more expensive than US (so I've been told) and it doesn't cost me much more to send overseas. about .70 more than to the US. it can be cheaper than you'd expect- it's only paper, after all. :)

incurable hippie said:
Not that PC, judging by the definition! I'd go with crap any time. Rather than being incrusted with filth, loathsome, despicable, worthless, contemptible and disgusting.

Amy said:

incurable hippie said:
Amy said:

Nice!

crud (krd)
n.
1. Slang
Oh. "Crud" is more approved of than "crap" which does, of course, rank about "shit". I'm on the west coast, though. Pretty far away.

star blanket river child said:
okay, I'm interrupting, but I'm a language freak, and I always find it interesting to see variations between places. "crud" isn't a Canadian term really, either, but I've always considered it on the same level as crap, as opposed to more political correct.

anyway! not trying to be rude or interrupt or whatever I just... found that really fascinating, haha. sorry, guys. it could make a good zine topic.

one more little thing- I wouldn't think it'd be that more expensive. Canadian postage is much more expensive than US (so I've been told) and it doesn't cost me much more to send overseas. about .70 more than to the US. it can be cheaper than you'd expect- it's only paper, after all. :)

incurable hippie said:

Amy said:

incurable hippie said:
Amy said:

Nice!

crud (krd)
n.
1. Slang
Interrupt away, linguist freak here too!

I don't know what country Amy is in, but her surprise at me being somewhere else makes me think she's in America! I don't know any other countries where people generally do that.

Postage here (UK) costs least within the UK, then the next price range is Europe, then 'everywhere else'. I just cost the zines on copying & postage weight.

:)

oh, thank you. I just love your confidence in americans. (We totally don't deserve it. But I'm not even going there.)

And I'm not 'supprised' that you are in the UK. Someone I talk to on Goodreads is from Bahrain. I was just noting that it's going to be more in postage, and I'm broke.
I'm sorry, you're just fulfilling the stereotypes. Like saying you're on the West Coast. You could mean the west coast of England, or Australia, or France, but the fact that you didn't clarify means you're probably American. I could say I live in the north, which I do, but I'd never presume anyone knew which country I meant.

Amy said:
oh, thank you. I just love your confidence in americans. (We totally don't deserve it. But I'm not even going there.)

And I'm not 'supprised' that you are in the UK. Someone I talk to on Goodreads is from Bahrain. I was just noting that it's going to be more in postage, and I'm broke.
Oh. I was answering SBRC, and we were talking about the same continent. Hence the lack of clarification.

incurable hippie said:
I'm sorry, you're just fulfilling the stereotypes. Like saying you're on the West Coast. You could mean the west coast of England, or Australia, or France, but the fact that you didn't clarify means you're probably American. I could say I live in the north, which I do, but I'd never presume anyone knew which country I meant.

Amy said:

I have the tendency to assume around here everyone is in the UK or the US. there's so few Canadians, that I'm generally surprised (and delighted) when someone's from my country.
When I was in Europe, I found the postage to be much cheaper than it is at home. Canada has the highest post prices that I've come across, it's awful. I say free post for everyone!

incurable hippie said:
Interrupt away, linguist freak here too!

I don't know what country Amy is in, but her surprise at me being somewhere else makes me think she's in America! I don't know any other countries where people generally do that.

Postage here (UK) costs least within the UK, then the next price range is Europe, then 'everywhere else'. I just cost the zines on copying & postage weight.

:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service