We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

As a distro I often wonder how people would like to buy zines, so I thought I would ask:

Paypal button?

Etsy?

A secure Paypal paying online store?

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anything clear and well-integrated into the website I'm browsing. Paypal buttons work well. I wouldn't want to browse a distro site in one place and then click over to an Etsy store to actually order things, but I'd be fine if the browsing was on Etsy.
Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer sending cash through the mail to get zines. (In lieu of trades). I know I'm a dying breed, but I still send out zines for free when I have the time to make them. Anything that gets zines out is good!
I like to purchase mine online (through sites like Etsy) and I prefer to use Paypal as the payment method.
Prefer buying direct or through distros with paypal buttons. :) I don't like Etsy much in general cos you can't combine shipping across different sellers (a bit poo if you live in Australia and feel like having a spree), but it's cool for one-off buys.
Paypal shopping cart, definitely
Paypal/etsy is also good for international people too- like I live in the UK, and if I want to send or receive cash in dollars it's pretty inconvenient for me, as I have to have a certain amount before I can change it
I second Alan. Cash in envelopes through the physical mail. I often send a zine or flyer or two with orders, and often briefly note what interested me in the zine I'm ordering and/or trading for. That's part of the fun. 99% of the zines I order are ones I see in paper zines, catalogues, etc.
I like this too I must admit.

W. Alan Fare said:
Call me old fashioned, but I still prefer sending cash through the mail to get zines. (In lieu of trades). I know I'm a dying breed, but I still send out zines for free when I have the time to make them. Anything that gets zines out is good!
Personally PayPal (or another credit/debit card based method) is the only way I would buy zines, through etsy or a distro or through (to?) the maker directly. Well, that and trades, of course.

Some people prefer to send me cash or stamps in the post for my zines, which is fine with me if they want to take the risk, but I don't trust the post enough to send money through it.
Also it's really annoying sending coins through the post- remember the whole blue peter "tape a 50p coin to a piece of card" rigamarole. I quite like trading for stamps, tho of course that's only of any use to me with UK people.

Hannah (Not Lonely Zine) said:
Personally PayPal (or another credit/debit card based method) is the only way I would buy zines, through etsy or a distro or through (to?) the maker directly. Well, that and trades, of course.

Some people prefer to send me cash or stamps in the post for my zines, which is fine with me if they want to take the risk, but I don't trust the post enough to send money through it.
i like to send cash, because i don't have a paypal account, and i have an etsy account but it is a bit pointless without paypal. also, there is etsy's extra charges, though those probably amount to less than the postage used for sending cash :)
generally i don't buy zines through the mail anyway, i either trade through the mail or buy them at a local club or the infoshop, or at zine-related events.
I also prefer sending cash through the mail if I am ordering from an individual zinester; if I am ordering from a distro, I generally pay online using paypal/credit card. The price you pay for the stamp to mail it is cheaper than the fees taken by paypal, etc. But more than anything I just don't like the idea involving a corporate entity in a zine transaction.

Of course, I understand that not everyone feels that way, which is why we added a paypal option for Zine World a while back.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service