We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So today, the IZM officially starts and I guess this is where people can post what is going on around the globe during the IZM...

As for me, the beggining of July promises itself to be a very stressful and busy week (tests, papers, finals, lab reports, identifying bacteria :O etc.)so I'll have to wair until this summer session before i can actually start enjoying IZM... so not fair.

so how are you celebrating? what projects have you done/finished/been sharing around so far?

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ordered some zines... and I'm planning on doing a 24 Hour Zine Thing.

However, unfortunately there's is absolutely no way I can block off 24 hours straight to do the 24 Hour Zine Thing, so instead I'm carefully monitoring time spent on creating an issue so it totals no more than 24 hours, and limiting myself to one week to get it done. While I appreciate the idea of doing a zine in solid 24 hour block, with working full time, commuting, family stuff, and two weekends already shot this month, for me it can't be done. Maybe that's "cheating" but I just see it as applying the spirit of the project in a different way. (Kind of like how some National Novel Writing Month people use a summer month to do their novel instead of November.)
for IZM i am:

- catching up on all my zine mail, reading new zines, and sending lots of letters!
- making copies of entry point to give to friends and out with mailings!
- working on a mini zine that'll be finished by the end of july!
just made a mini zine in 24 hrs! :) i've also been talking about zines a lot more than normal.

wish i had my etsy shop up, so i could do the 50% off deal.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service