We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i just joined this website yesterday and have joined a few groups that appeal to me. this one seemed a great place to come as i am a lonely zinester in a place that has no zine distros, library or as far as i know, no other zinesters. i thought i would start a discussion on here.
so if you are in the same situation as i am, how did you discover zines?

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

I received a book by Microcosm in a swap on Swap-bot.com and looked it up. I started with Microcosm and now I look everywhere for the next perfect zine!

I discovered zines when I was 15, through a girl that I was friends with at the time. Her therapist recommended she give zining a try. When I tentatively made my first zine she freaked out at me, accused me of stealing her idea, and went about trying to destroy my reputation at the school. Fortunately I was undaunted and continue to zine to this day.

I was at the train tracks and bumped into a stranger who was also into graffiti and photography. We talked a bit and I purchased a zine off him just to be supportive, I did not totally know what zines where about at that point.  That must have been 2+ years ago, only now am I starting to make my own.

I was introduced to zines by way of someone else's interest in them.

It took me several years to really get to the place where I wanted to make

one of my own.  I've made two so far.  I'd like to make a third one.  Another

art zine. 

I discovered zines from the young-adult novel Hard Love. The whole novel itself is well-done but the zine thing is what's stuck with me. Lately, I've decided I need to put myself out there and a zine seemed like the way to go.  

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service