We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

anyone know of any chains or major locations that have honor system copy machines?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not anymore.   :(   *sniff*
I would love a honor system copy machine, when ever I go to pay for my copies, I always get the same guy ringing me up and he always trys reading what I have written, which I have no problem with but the fact that once he sees a swear word, he immediately gives me the dirtest look...I'm sorry I'm soiling your precious copy machine...
i do work at a place where i can get unlimited copies, but alas, home sick for a hot minute. a hot minute before the chicago zine fest...

bobby madness said:

the homeless services place near the train station has one.grab all the mistakes out of the garbage at kinkos and bring them up to the teller and say you want credit.

Please don't scam the homeless service center And please don't do the Kinkos scam where you just assume the person behind the counter is an idiot. Free copies are not worth disrespecting another human being over. You'd be better off just asking the employee for free copies. At least that's not insulting.

as a copy shop employee, I agree. when someone does that to me, it's like, really? you think i'm that dumb? here's a few free copies for you to shoo. and don't pitch a fit, because that's not going to work either.

i found an alternative to getting my inexpensive copies for the chicago zine fest. but if anyone else needs to get their copies done still, i agree with eric to not rip off the homeless service center either. my intent with this thread was to find ways to skim off the top, not be a jerk.

if you want to send offensive messages from now on, go ahead and send them to my private inbox. that way the other couple of thousand people on WMZ can ignore your incredibly helpful "advice" on this topic by trying to slam me. do you want my email address also?
Why do you hate your life so much that you need to get so pissy at someone online that you don't even know?

bobby madness said:
first off,if your working at kinkos you are a fucking idiot.secondly,skimming is stealing,dipshit.your stuck up attitude is hilariously offensive and completely unrealistic.why are you telling me what to do?how is it a scam to use a copy machine?your approaching the question like you have authority,and making assumptions only a priveledged middle class person would make.dont pitch a fit?you sound like a church lady.your zine must really suck.
Does anyone else find humor in, "if your working at kinkos you are a fucking idiot"??
...and to pitch a fit over this, Kinko's went out of business over 5 years ago. They are no longer even a company.

NicoleIntrovert said:
Does anyone else find humor in, "if your working at kinkos you are a fucking idiot"??

Kinko's didn't go out of business so much as it did merge with FedEx and change its name (it's now FedEx Office).

and working at a place like Kinko's doesn't mean you're (not your) an idiot. in this economy, it means "WOO FUCKING HOO, I HAVE A JOB."

that being said, I loved Adorn #20. so Bobby, Bree Adorn's zines (or at least the one I've read) do NOT suck.

Bree Adorn said:

...and to pitch a fit over this, Kinko's went out of business over 5 years ago. They are no longer even a company.

NicoleIntrovert said:

Beth M said:

Kinko's didn't go out of business so much as it did merge with FedEx and change its name (it's now FedEx Office).

and working at a place like Kinko's doesn't mean you're (not your) an idiot. in this economy, it means "WOO FUCKING HOO, I HAVE A JOB."

that being said, I loved Adorn #20. so Bobby, Bree Adorn's zines (or at least the one I've read) do NOT suck.

Bree Adorn said:

NicoleIntrovert said:

bobby madness said:

Beth M said:

Bree Adorn said:

NicoleIntrovert said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service