We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

my interest in vampires has been rekindled... it died out since the "twilight saga" which i really hate... but reading Anne Rice all over again reminds me why i have been facinated by them since i was younger...

as a result, i have started writing a story of the same genre. cliche, it might seem, with the crapload of "young adult" novels on vamps, but there is the challege... making a novel that is about something so cliche, and trying to make it original.

and because novels can be so overwhelming, i'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read it while in the working phase and provide me with feedback and reviews...

it will be part of a chap-zine i'll be making soon-ish. and the first few parts of the 1st draft is included in my personalitzine, Saling-Pusa.

==========
also, i've heard of and read lots of zombie zines, but i havent read any on vampires, which i find odd, given the more-than-enough crappy "young adult fiction" on vampires... so... any suggestions? both zines and books would be fine. i am more interested in resources, history, theories, accounts, etc. than fiction, because vampires in fiction is never scarce.

Tags: help, literature, litzine, vampires, writing

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"i'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read it while in the working phase and provide me with feedback and reviews..."
well, i wouldn't mind reading it and try to help you out with some feedback! maybe check it for typos hahaha... just kidding, though i'm always ready to improve my English reading & writing skills.

your post caught my attention because, i'll confess, vampires are one of my favorite "things", long long before the Twilight hype. when i was about 12, i remember reading a magazine article about Vlad Tepes (Vlad III the Impaler), the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula, and being fascinated by him. then i saw Francis Ford Coppola's movie version and i was hooked ^_^. i've read some books over the years, i guess mainly were fiction (Anne Rice, very good!), but i own a couple of them about research and history of the vampire myth and folklore.

just yesterday i was writing a draft of a zine review, for my newborn blog of zine reviews, and it's a zine about vampires, sort of. you should check out redguard here on WMZ, he made a zine about the 1931 movie «Dracula», see details here http://wemakezines.ning.com/profiles/blogs/on-loving-dracula-a-24hour.
i came across another zinester here, though i haven't read her zines yet, she has a perzine - Cat's Teeth -, and some issues feature vampirism. check here (http://wemakezines.ning.com/profile/WinterMuse).

and you're right, i haven't seen that many other zines out there that are vampire-themed either, unfortunately.

if you want, i'll browse my books and give you the references for them, maybe you can buy them online or even search them at a local library.
oh, that's a good one, kitty magic, Let The Right One In! i saw the movie about a month ago, and i liked it, not bad for an European movie on vampires hahaha. i haven't read the book yet, but i have it on my wishlist :x
i never read any books or seen any movies of the Twilight series, so i can't have an opinion on the quality... It just annoys me that, all of a sudden, vampires are in the mainstream and they're a "good" trend.

kitty magic said:
wow you should read this novel called "let the right one in" it's really amazing, and there is a swedish movie of it, which is also amazing! they are way way better than twilight!
yeah that'd be cool. :D

iv gomes said:
"i'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read it while in the working phase and provide me with feedback and reviews..."
well, i wouldn't mind reading it and try to help you out with some feedback! maybe check it for typos hahaha... just kidding, though i'm always ready to improve my English reading & writing skills.

your post caught my attention because, i'll confess, vampires are one of my favorite "things", long long before the Twilight hype. when i was about 12, i remember reading a magazine article about Vlad Tepes (Vlad III the Impaler), the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula, and being fascinated by him. then i saw Francis Ford Coppola's movie version and i was hooked ^_^. i've read some books over the years, i guess mainly were fiction (Anne Rice, very good!), but i own a couple of them about research and history of the vampire myth and folklore.

just yesterday i was writing a draft of a zine review, for my newborn blog of zine reviews, and it's a zine about vampires, sort of. you should check out redguard here on WMZ, he made a zine about the 1931 movie «Dracula», see details here http://wemakezines.ning.com/profiles/blogs/on-loving-dracula-a-24hour.
i came across another zinester here, though i haven't read her zines yet, she has a perzine - Cat's Teeth -, and some issues feature vampirism. check here (http://wemakezines.ning.com/profile/WinterMuse).

and you're right, i haven't seen that many other zines out there that are vampire-themed either, unfortunately.

if you want, i'll browse my books and give you the references for them, maybe you can buy them online or even search them at a local library.
I would totally read and give feedback!
that's awesome :) sent you a message

Ro- The Apocalypse Girl said:
I would totally read and give feedback!
Fiction writing is one of my big interests, and I've managed to learn a lot and improve my editing skills for other people's works over the years... so I'd love to read it & help out if I can!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service