We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

my interest in vampires has been rekindled... it died out since the "twilight saga" which i really hate... but reading Anne Rice all over again reminds me why i have been facinated by them since i was younger...

as a result, i have started writing a story of the same genre. cliche, it might seem, with the crapload of "young adult" novels on vamps, but there is the challege... making a novel that is about something so cliche, and trying to make it original.

and because novels can be so overwhelming, i'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read it while in the working phase and provide me with feedback and reviews...

it will be part of a chap-zine i'll be making soon-ish. and the first few parts of the 1st draft is included in my personalitzine, Saling-Pusa.

==========
also, i've heard of and read lots of zombie zines, but i havent read any on vampires, which i find odd, given the more-than-enough crappy "young adult fiction" on vampires... so... any suggestions? both zines and books would be fine. i am more interested in resources, history, theories, accounts, etc. than fiction, because vampires in fiction is never scarce.

Tags: help, literature, litzine, vampires, writing

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"i'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read it while in the working phase and provide me with feedback and reviews..."
well, i wouldn't mind reading it and try to help you out with some feedback! maybe check it for typos hahaha... just kidding, though i'm always ready to improve my English reading & writing skills.

your post caught my attention because, i'll confess, vampires are one of my favorite "things", long long before the Twilight hype. when i was about 12, i remember reading a magazine article about Vlad Tepes (Vlad III the Impaler), the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula, and being fascinated by him. then i saw Francis Ford Coppola's movie version and i was hooked ^_^. i've read some books over the years, i guess mainly were fiction (Anne Rice, very good!), but i own a couple of them about research and history of the vampire myth and folklore.

just yesterday i was writing a draft of a zine review, for my newborn blog of zine reviews, and it's a zine about vampires, sort of. you should check out redguard here on WMZ, he made a zine about the 1931 movie «Dracula», see details here http://wemakezines.ning.com/profiles/blogs/on-loving-dracula-a-24hour.
i came across another zinester here, though i haven't read her zines yet, she has a perzine - Cat's Teeth -, and some issues feature vampirism. check here (http://wemakezines.ning.com/profile/WinterMuse).

and you're right, i haven't seen that many other zines out there that are vampire-themed either, unfortunately.

if you want, i'll browse my books and give you the references for them, maybe you can buy them online or even search them at a local library.
oh, that's a good one, kitty magic, Let The Right One In! i saw the movie about a month ago, and i liked it, not bad for an European movie on vampires hahaha. i haven't read the book yet, but i have it on my wishlist :x
i never read any books or seen any movies of the Twilight series, so i can't have an opinion on the quality... It just annoys me that, all of a sudden, vampires are in the mainstream and they're a "good" trend.

kitty magic said:
wow you should read this novel called "let the right one in" it's really amazing, and there is a swedish movie of it, which is also amazing! they are way way better than twilight!
yeah that'd be cool. :D

iv gomes said:
"i'm looking for a few people who would be willing to read it while in the working phase and provide me with feedback and reviews..."
well, i wouldn't mind reading it and try to help you out with some feedback! maybe check it for typos hahaha... just kidding, though i'm always ready to improve my English reading & writing skills.

your post caught my attention because, i'll confess, vampires are one of my favorite "things", long long before the Twilight hype. when i was about 12, i remember reading a magazine article about Vlad Tepes (Vlad III the Impaler), the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula, and being fascinated by him. then i saw Francis Ford Coppola's movie version and i was hooked ^_^. i've read some books over the years, i guess mainly were fiction (Anne Rice, very good!), but i own a couple of them about research and history of the vampire myth and folklore.

just yesterday i was writing a draft of a zine review, for my newborn blog of zine reviews, and it's a zine about vampires, sort of. you should check out redguard here on WMZ, he made a zine about the 1931 movie «Dracula», see details here http://wemakezines.ning.com/profiles/blogs/on-loving-dracula-a-24hour.
i came across another zinester here, though i haven't read her zines yet, she has a perzine - Cat's Teeth -, and some issues feature vampirism. check here (http://wemakezines.ning.com/profile/WinterMuse).

and you're right, i haven't seen that many other zines out there that are vampire-themed either, unfortunately.

if you want, i'll browse my books and give you the references for them, maybe you can buy them online or even search them at a local library.
I would totally read and give feedback!
that's awesome :) sent you a message

Ro- The Apocalypse Girl said:
I would totally read and give feedback!
Fiction writing is one of my big interests, and I've managed to learn a lot and improve my editing skills for other people's works over the years... so I'd love to read it & help out if I can!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

The Word Distribution

© 2016   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service