We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

hey !

I love cut&paste layout. enveloppe patterns, pictures, negative writings, clippart.
Sometimes there are these nice artwork, half-tone effect pictures. It is made out of a copy-machine ? do you know how to do that ?

Views: 91

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I write about being vegan in a non-friendly area (even if traditional dishes are mostly vegetarian). sometimes I write down reviews or recipes. the issue I'm writing include few stories about living and leaving a town I lived for years, and coming back for a day, to see that nothing has change.

I also write something about internet/social rings killing the poetry of missing connections. well, and few stuff about volunteering/promoting shows to create/support a local (mostly punk) scene.
yeah, and most of these cheese aren't vegetarian at all but this is out of subject.
Pre-Photoshop I used two methods:
For photocopying there was usually a photo option on the copier that did a line screen type of half-tone for you. Only you couldn't do the whole zine in it or the writing would look bad. So I'd do a page full of the photos I'd want to use, usually making it about 15% lighter than I'd want the finished product. Then cut out the photos from that photocopy and glue them into the layout.

I moved from photocopying to offset printing pretty quickly. When I did, I hit up a friend that worked at a newspaper and he would half tone them in their dark room. Fully take a photo of my photo and print it out on a thinner photo paper for layout with a half-tone filter of some sort they used. Then I'd cut and paste them into the layout.

Man, it was always a really big hassle to get the photos to turn out decent, I was so happy to move to scanners, photoshop and doing it electronically.
thanks.

looking closer to the artwork I did at the office I worked this summer, it's halftone printed.
so, the shittier is your copy machine, the most "effect" you got...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service