We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi everyone! Summer is fast approaching, and I feel that it's time to initiate another group swap! I'll keep things pretty simple and copy/paste Jethro's rules for the last one, with updated dates:

1- Between now and June, make a "new" mini zine. Size is up to you, but i think as a general rule, mini zines should be smaller than 5" x 8" / 13cm x 20cm (approx). Other than that size and shape is all up to you!
2- If you really want to participate but cannot make an entire new zine, that is fine, but try to trade something that you have done recently. I am really encouraging everyone to try to make a new zine, something fresh and new to share with the group.
3- Send me a message or comment here with your name and address if you want to participate. PLEASE RESPOND BY MAY 15. I will compile a list of the folks who are participating and then distribute the list back to everyone involved in the trade.
4- On JUNE 15, 2009 send out one copy of your zine to everyone on the list. I realize postage can be expensive when sending zines overseas, so PLEASE take this into consideration before joining the swap. If you join and then feel at any time that you cannot participate for any reason, PLEASE tell me right away, so I can inform everyone involved in the swap, nothing is worse than trading zines and getting nothing in return.
5- BE CREATIVE, BE AWESOME, MAKE A GREAT ZINE!!! I think that's a given for most zine folks, but put effort into this, second only to not getting a zine in trade is getting a zine that little or no effort was put into.
6- If you have any ideas about the trade. Let me know, we can add them if we think, as a group, that it would be a good idea.

Tags: awesome, folks, group, jethro's, mini, rad, stealing, swap, tags, trade, More…zine

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

Hello,
I'd like to be part of the swap. Our collective just made twenty bucks on consignment so I have stamps!
I have two mini zines that I'm working on:
The Fine Art of Dumpster Diving
Abortions are Funny: and other things you should never say in public

Two other collective members are working on mini zines as well.
Lookin' forward to trading with everyone. I think we can help with stamps as well by sending a trade with some extra stamps to those who need them.

-Aaron
Great! Glad to have you on board. Please message me your address so I can start making a list of participants. :)
hi, i'm definitely interested in participating again!
the only thing is, i'm going to be moving around during summer, and don't have an address to give you yet.
but i'd love if you'd save a spot for me :)
I'd love to take part! I also blogged about it so we can get some new members --http://zines.wordpress.com/2009/04/17/mini-zine-swap/
Great, Kelley... I'll save a spot!

Susy, thanks so much for blogging about it. I'm glad you're participating again! I got your address and will begin compiling a list tonight.
I am up for this
I will email you my postal address
Hey! I would like to be involved. Will email address.
Hello again,

Our address is:

1201 Collective
209 Fridley St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060 USA
Hey, I'd be up for this again.
misti ko
185 north stratford avenue
burnaby bc V5B 1L1
CANADA
I've been in the mini-zine zone for nigh on 2 months now, so I'm hella keen to keep the vibe going :)

My contacts are...

Spurzine
PO BOX 41
Flinders Lane Post Office
Melbourne
Victoria 8009
Australia

Ta-ra,
John
i procrastinate way too much and ended up too broke to make copies and afford postage last time :(
wish i could be a part again cuz its way inspiring and awesome to receive zines at random. good luck to everyone!
I want in!!

Shannon Edgett
292 Normandie St
Dieppe, NB
E1A 1L7
Canada

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service