We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I have a question for you all about process.

When working on a zine, do you just start and fill out pages or do you have all your content ready before you start layout. I usually do the latter, but I am not starting this zine and am thinking of trying it the other way.

A heavy content zine would obviously not work well with just winging it, but this is gonna be more of a lighter zine with some illustrations. I am just not doing it and I want to. Any tips? Thanks!

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, I do it the same every time. I actually write down what pops in my head or what I'm feeling in a notebook.  After about a few months, I re-read what I worte and start typing.  I always have the same layout (landscape with 2 columns), and then I work on pictures or typography to go with what I have.  Then from there, I work on how I want to structure my zine...what entries flow together etc..(this to me is the hardest part). Then starts distribution. But depending on what kind of zine you have or what kind of organizational skills you have, things might be different for you.  It's a trial and error type of work.  My lastest zine I actually re-did the whole structure because I didn't like what I first put together for it.  You will find your way.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service