We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

i know the new SSR is about to drop, and we can all get our info from there, but in the mean time i thought it might be helpful to have a quick list of places to send your new zine when you want it reviewed. I just put together a new one, and made the list for myself, but i figured I'd put it here for anyone else. quick reference of some mags & rags. feel free to add to the list. ps, anyone know marc parker? i've never talked with him.

MAXIMUMROCKNROLL
PO Box 460760
San Francisco, CA 94146-0760
USA

Slug and Lettuce
PO Box 26632
Richmond, VA 23261-6632

Davida Gypsy Breier
PO Box 11064
Baltimore, MD
21212 USA

Zine World
PO Box 330156
Murfreesboro, TN 37133-0156 USA

Marc Parker
2000 NE 42 Ave #221
Portland, OR 97213-1399

Razorcake/Gorsky Press, Inc.
PO Box 42129
Los Angeles, CA 90042

Tags: MRR, razorcake, reviews, zines

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should've left out Zine World. Zine World is totally counterproductive with there demand for conformrity and rejection of anything that doesn't meet their narrow definition of a zine. They are WAY too conservative for me to deal with.
Razorcake is a pretty cool magazine. You can usually get those free when you order stuff from No Idea Records. Good stuff, I'll be sure to send a copy of mine over to these places! Thanks for this list.
-Jason
Well Yul, despite your personal battles with Zine World (and the half-researched article they wrote about Microcosm in '07), there just aren't many resources left to go to for information like this. While there isn't a lot of stiff competition, Zine World is certainly making one of the better efforts and we've got to cherish that for as long as we've got it.

Also, and perhaps more importantly, Xerography Debt is rising from the ashes and is desperately in need of more zines to review for issue #25: Davida Gypsy Breier / PO Box 11064 / Baltimore, MD 21212 USA. It'll be a good source of zine reviews and meta-writing that can hopefully be pretty regular.
We have a whole list of publications and websites that review zines over at the Zine World site: http://www.undergroundpress.org/zine-resources/other-zine-review-zi...
I'll just throw this out there, too:
A new issue of Zine World will be coming out soon. In the meantime, now is a great time to send us your zine for review for the next issue down the road. We will review most anything self-published: zines, mini-comix, comics, newspapers, newsletters, chapbooks, etc. We review some self-published and small press books, as well as self-produced DVDs or spoken word. (We do not review music.) See our website for more details.

For you folks who live outside the US -- We do have reviewers in Europe and in Australia. You can send your zine directly to one of them, to save on postage. Contact me to get the appropriate address.

We are also looking for new reviewers -- we're especially interested in adding a reviewer from the UK. If you're interested in reviewing for us, please email me (jerianne@undergroundpress.org) with 5 sample reviews of 50-75 words each and include a note about yourself.
The places that review zines has shrunk (shrank?) considerably. Maybe we should have a review thread here on We Make Zines?
I think this is a great idea. Someone should make a review group!

Alex Wrekk said:
The places that review zines has shrunk (shrank?) considerably. Maybe we should have a review thread here on We Make Zines?
keeping a review thread here would be ideal. c.g.
Should it be a group or a thread? I know on the old Pander board there was always a thread that was "what have you been reading?" Maybe there could be that as well as a more structured review thread too?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service