We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

A few months ago, one of my columnists had to leave due to clock-punching commitments. Since then I have put out a couple of announcements.

Here's the deal. Since 2007, we are growing slowly but steady. Most importantly, I do pay contributors even if I don't 100% agree with your POV. It's not a rent payment but as a writer, I think it's unfair to pay anyone in exposure (aka P.I.E.).

You do get credit as well as the rights to your work, even if the same article is published in another site or 'zine, I personally have no problem with it.

So if you (or someone you know) have a year (or close to it) to commit to writing for a quarterly 'zine that will expand in 2009, send me a message and we'll talk.

For those who haven't checked out the link, here it is - Check out this page for excerpts from archive issues.

Tags: acceptance, fat, feminist, gigs, women, writing, zines

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey jean, i would love to contribute/help out a fellow zinester....
I would be interested in this gig. I write a couple of personal blogs and a zine I just finished called Bookstore Thief. I guess I would need to know a little more about what kind of writing you are looking for, although your tags give me some idea. I just joined this site so I'm still finding my way around. You can email me offsite at findingjimmy@comcast.net. Thanks, Carrie
I can't say I'm a feminist, but I do care about feminist issues and I write about pretty much anything when the mood takes me. I might be able to help you.

:)
Check out our this page for excerpts from archive issues.
Out of curiosity what is GENEROUS magazine's focus? We're a small collective but would like a segment if possible. We focus on DIY projects and could definetly submit articles on a quarterly basis. please e-mail me more info at 1201collective@gmail.com
elfcentric said:
hey jean, i would love to contribute/help out a fellow zinester....

Hey Elf, please send ideas or samples to contact@crazations.com. You may also forward personal questions there as wel. Have a good one!
Emma Stronach said:
I can't say I'm a feminist, but I do care about feminist issues and I write about pretty much anything when the mood takes me. I might be able to help you.

:)

Please send ideas or submissions to contact@crazations.com. Thanks!
Hi there.
Are you interested in having a Norwegian gal writing for your zine? If so, you can count me in, if you like.
I'm interested in helping out. you can email me at ianswer@live.com :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service