We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey guys,

I'm really new to this, so sorry if I'm doing anything wrong.

I am a 17 year old student from Leicestershire in the UK studying Graphic design. I have decided to base my new project around zines. For this I have to acquire lots and lots of zines, and information about them, but unfortunately as I am a penny-less student, this has become increasingly difficult. This is where you come in (cheeky, I know, but you don't ask, you don't get right?), I could really do with people sending me some of their zines to use in my project, and would thoroughly appreciate if any of you could help me out? 

The final outcome of my project would be to create my own zine, and ofcourse I would send you a copy  of mine when it is finished.

Also does anyone fancy giving me any information that would help me out? Local shops that sell zines, festivals, anything that would be of any interest to me.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to hearing from y'all 

Josh (penny-less student)

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi josh, I don't know if i have any free zines to send you, but if you pm me your address i will check.

Also, check out online archives of zines. You can often download them as they were printed originally so that when you print them out they are just like the original. Many thousands of zines have been archived this way, on zinelibrary and qzap to name a few, just google these.

Zeraph Dylan

If all else fails, definitely check out Folksy.com (British) and Etsy.com (Worldwide)- you will find some brilliant affordable zines and help support fellow artists and designers in what they do best!

I have one of my older zines in PDF format online. You can download it, print it double-sided, fold, and ta-da!

http://www.bucketsiler.com/zines/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service