We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I signed up w/ Bravenet for a free mailing list for my distro, but am not that into it. Does anyone know of any free, customizable (doesn't have to be too fancy) mailing list services? I'd also really like one that allows you to add people to it without having them have to respond to a confirmation email or anything. I am going to have a mailing list sign up sheet when I'm tabling at Unique LA and it would just be easier if I could automatically add people to the list without them needing to get a confirmation email that will probably just go to their junk mail anyway.

Any help would be appreciated!

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

MailChimp is an amazing mailing list service. You can automatically add people without having to send them a confirmation email, and its free.
MadMimi.com is pretty good too. Although I think you might have a tough time finding a good one that doesn't require confirmation on the part of the e-mail address owner. Nobody wants to be shut down for propagating spam...
You can set up a google group to be an announcement-only list. It's free. You can add people without them confirming it, though it will send them a welcome email.
Thanks for all the tips! I went with Mail Chimp and so far, so good!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service