We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I am working on the second issue of my children's/teen literature zine, Four Eyes (for info on the first see the new zine announcement thread or message me!  It is also available through Vampire Sushi distro).  This time I want to focus on the "bad girls" of children's/teen literature so if you have any thoughts on your favourite bad girl heroines please message me.  As well as the obvious rebels, outsiders and "tomboys" it would be interesting if anyone has any thoughts on ways in which characters not thought of as transgressive could be seen that way.  Please get in touch if you have any ideas or want to work on it in any way (writing/art/comics!)

Thanks, Kate

Tags: children's, comp, literature, teen

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool, I will send you something again. Oh by the way my Diana Wynne Jones zine will finally be out in Feb. It's shaping up to be very pretty. I'm also working on an Oliver Postgate zine too.
Looking forward to the Diana Wynne Jones zine! I'm sure it will look amazing. Thanks for offering to contribute!

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Cool, I will send you something again. Oh by the way my Diana Wynne Jones zine will finally be out in Feb. It's shaping up to be very pretty. I'm also working on an Oliver Postgate zine too.
Sounds interesting! I already started a running piece in my zine loosely called "Rebel grrrls in fiction", focusing on a different character every issue, maybe when yr done we can trade :)
Catwoman,Tank Girl (even though that might be too much for a children's zine),Vericua (sp?) Salt
I'd be very interested in reading this!
Sounds great, I will message you about trading when I am done!

Kira Swales said:
Sounds interesting! I already started a running piece in my zine loosely called "Rebel grrrls in fiction", focusing on a different character every issue, maybe when yr done we can trade :)
I'll post on here when it's finished!

Foxy Mudslide said:
I'd be very interested in reading this!
You're right, I have to do Veruca Salt!

Melissa Ann Manfredi said:
Catwoman,Tank Girl (even though that might be too much for a children's zine),Vericua (sp?) Salt
What about Pippi Longstocking? I just loved the books about her when I was a kid. You know, the girl with the red pony-tails and the pirate dad. The books are written by the Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.
Pippi was in the first issue of the zine but hopefully I can at least give her a mention in this one cos she is so badass!

LydiaAbigail said:
What about Pippi Longstocking? I just loved the books about her when I was a kid. You know, the girl with the red pony-tails and the pirate dad. The books are written by the Swedish author Astrid Lindgren.
Would you like an article on Alice vs Dora as fictional girls in E.Nesbit's Bastable books?
oooh! are you still accepting submissions for this? I've just been re-reading all my old Jacqueline Wilson books and they are full of awesome 'bad girls' and I would love to write something about them.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service