We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Okay... I have a love for Flappers, their great fashion, and the over all amazing things they did for women every where - if it were not for Flappers it would not be acceptable for women to wear make-up in public!

I was thinking of devoting a section of my next zine to the history of Flappers and all of the amazingness that surrounds them. They were sexy, fashionable, flirty, hip, and definately pushed beyond the limits of their time.

Would anyone be interested in reading such a piece?

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

im very interesting in read something about it ,for sure :)
definitely be interested in reading.
I'd definitely be interested.
Party Line Zine said:
It's an interesting subject, however, I don't think that being able to wear make-up in public is all that great, because now it's expected (either by society, employers, or both) of women to waste money on that crap. Nothing like having to slap layers of toxic chemicals on one's face in order to be considered desirable and employable.

I very rarely wear any make up, and it's never been a problem. Nice to have the choice though.

Oh, and I don't know much about Flappers, so I'd be interested too!
hi! i'd definitely be interest in reading it too :)
I'd be interested. :)
Thank you all for your comments.... I appreciate all of your opinions, thoughts, and comments. Looks like the overall vote is to move forward with this piece.... once it is completed I will be sure to let you all know!
I totally love this style. Possibly one of the reasons I do lindy hop.

And wearing (some) makeup is rad. : )
I'd totally read a zine about flappers. And that's a great picture of them that you've got!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service