We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

whats the best resource for printing my material? kinkos? printing at home and buying my own paper/ink? hijacking a college printer?

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hijacking is always good.  kinkos has great quality, usually, but are also the most expensive.  depends on where you live, and what your resources are.  what your budget is.  do you need the highest quality, or best price?  a lot of towns/cities have local shops that are average prices, but then sometimes have promotional days.  Here in Albuquerque there are two places that offer 4-cent per copy days, which is a good price.
Carefully investigate buying Canon Model D420 Mono Laser Copier (not color) at Office Depot now at $100 (normally $200), instore only, through Saturday,Sept. 3. This is a stripped down model of the more expensive one I have. It has a 'Starter' cartridge which means you will have to also buy a $90 #104 cartridge. This machine can print 8 1/2" X 11" paper on two sides in one pass. Read and reread the manual to get the most out of this machine. You will not save money. The per copy cost comes out about ten-cents per side. Toner usage depends upon how much 'Black' areas you have in your artwork (just like an inkjet). It will give you B&W copys of color photos (pasted up) that are really good. I have gotten about 1,000 'clicks' per toner cartridge (again, depending upon ink coverage). You can actually take your toner cartridge out and put someone else's in (#104) and run their copies and then put yours back in. I really like mine.

There's lots of info in this post. Please look through the posts listed above the forum for some of the most popualr questions. Thanks!

http://wemakezines.ning.com/forum/topics/how-where-to-print

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service