We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

This is kind of a long shot, but does anyone here do any type of felting or similar needlecraft? Would you be interested submitting to a zine explaining these things? I'm considering making a How-To sort of book on felting and related subjects, since it's very easy to learn and a lot of fun... I want to share my joy with others!

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not such a long shot. I have taught wet felting workshops and have a hand out that I gave to participants. Funny that you post this now. I haven't thought about it for years, but I dug it out just the other day to put in a portfolio that I was assembling for a job interview. I have pics too. I dug those out as well, but that was way before digitial cams, so they don't exist as a file. Let me know if you'd be interested in any of it.
M
I'm all about it I work for a rad place that makes lots of needle felting tutorials. I made a cigarette and ashtray the other day! If you want, I could give you the website but i dont want you to feel spammed :-)
rhea
Sounds great, both of you! I'd love to see whatever you have to offer... you can email me at mango.llama [at] gmail.com or send a message through this site.

Misti Ko: That's great! I've only done needle felting and washing-machine felting, so a wet felting tutorial would be fantastic! If you want to scan the images that would be awesome, but it would probably work without them too, so don't feel too pressured.

Only For The Open-Minded Press: I'd love to see the site!

Also, I've been thinking that this would be a good zine to include with felted objects (I sell mine on occasion), so if any of you want some copies to give away in this manner, I'd be happy to send some once I've made the zine. :)
I have done a couple of felting projects, you are more than welcome to use any of my photos of them! You can see them on my Etsy: http://junkstop.etsy.com. They are both listed under "fashion accessories"! :D
Awesome! Do you have any comments you'd like to add, whether about the felting process or the object itself? I'd like to have a sort of "caption" to go with the images, if that makes sense.

Rhonda said:
I have done a couple of felting projects, you are more than welcome to use any of my photos of them! You can see them on my Etsy: http://junkstop.etsy.com. They are both listed under "fashion accessories"! :D
Hrm, that's a toughie lol!

I love that felting is so forgiving. If I make a stitch that looks funky, it doesn't matter in the end!

The fuzzy yarn on the pink and blue purse was an experiment -- and a successful one at that, I'd say! All I did was just crochet it in along with the wool yarn, as a double strand. I was SO happy with the way that one turned out!!
I did a felting tutorial on GetCrafty a few years ago- based on making felt from cat fur- I've been meaning to resurrect it and i'd be happy to share it with you if you're interested- cat fur felt isn't for everyone, but it's a twist on the theme! My friend's were constantly discovering the shoe box full of fur that I collected every time I brushed my cat and for some strange reason it really disturbed them...can't imagine why!
Made by Milla said:
I did a felting tutorial on GetCrafty a few years ago- based on making felt from cat fur- I've been meaning to resurrect it and i'd be happy to share it with you if you're interested- cat fur felt isn't for everyone, but it's a twist on the theme! My friend's were constantly discovering the shoe box full of fur that I collected every time I brushed my cat and for some strange reason it really disturbed them...can't imagine why!

I once came across a website for a guy who saved his belly-button lint in a coffee mug on his nightstand. So a box full of cat hair... Not so bad!
Rhonda said:
Made by Milla said:

I once came across a website for a guy who saved his belly-button lint in a coffee mug on his nightstand. So a box full of cat hair... Not so bad!

belly button link. how awfully resourceful XD
I'd be happy to take ANYTHING related to felting... pile it on!

Milla, one of my friends has been saving her OWN hair to felt... so cat hair seems downright normal to my mind!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service