We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

What are some of the best zines you've ever read; the favourite ones that you like to read over and over?

Mine would have to be Alex Wrekk's Brainscan. I usually have one stashed in my bag to reread in waiting rooms, on the subway, walking, etc. Her layout style is so distinct, and she's got a great balance of visuals vs. text.

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I tried to get one of these posts going last week and received very few responses. Perhaps people just don't want to own up to their influences!!

Anyway, I've read and reviewed about 150 zines in the last six months and here are some that really stand out (and, to the best of my knowledge, are still being published):

Avow
Degrassi Digest
Eaves of Ass
Fuzzy Lunch Box
Hot Milk
Low Hug/ Syndicate Product

My all time favorite is probably Murder Can Be Fun, which has, sadly, gone the way of the dodo bird. I do re-read other zines from time to time, but MCBF is almost like a reference library!!

Anyway, I can't vouch for my own tastes, but I truly enjoyed the aforementioned zines. I certainly hope you can search out some pleasing reading material among them.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Dr. Danny Swank said:
I tried to get one of these posts going last week and received very few responses. Perhaps people just don't want to own up to their influences!!

Anyway, I've read and reviewed about 150 zines in the last six months and here are some that really stand out (and, to the best of my knowledge, are still being published):

Avow
Degrassi Digest
Eaves of Ass
Fuzzy Lunch Box
Hot Milk
Low Hug/ Syndicate Product

My all time favorite is probably Murder Can Be Fun, which has, sadly, gone the way of the dodo bird. I do re-read other zines from time to time, but MCBF is almost like a reference library!!

Anyway, I can't vouch for my own tastes, but I truly enjoyed the aforementioned zines. I certainly hope you can search out some pleasing reading material among them.
I love many many zines... but one that I really LOVE reading because i get so involved and lost in the stories is Sad & Beautiful World.
my two favorite zines are osa's shotgun seamstress and this other one called fallopian falafel. LOVE THEM.
navigator equator
CocoaPuss Zine said:
my two favorite zines are osa's shotgun seamstress and this other one called fallopian falafel. LOVE THEM.
Fallopian Falafel!
My favorite comix I like to reread are the "Resale" series by Amie and "You dont get there from here" series by Carrie McNinch

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service