We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Yo!
I've posted this biz in a few groups that I feel are well-suited to what my distro is on the hunt for, but I felt might as well make a general post too.

I feel like I should introduce myself as I've been out of the zine community for quite awhile now. My name is Meredith and I first got into zines when I was 13 (I'm 22 now). I started running Supernova Zine Distro when I was around 14 and kept it open until about 2005. Around 2005 I put out two literary one shots, Deseur and Leningrad. I then went to art school and had the hopes of start a new distro mainly focused on art zines with a friend, but school took over my soul and it never happened.

I'm finally graduating this week and through the encouragement of friends and a desire to keep my creativity going and support other artists, zinesters, crafters and musicians, I've decided to start a new distro.

False Start is going to be a distro primarily focused on art, DIY/how-to and literary zines/comics, but I'll also be willing to check out and distro perzines and political zines if I feel they'd work well with the distro. I'm also interested in distroing music, crafts and art objects. Racist, homophobic, sexist, transphobic, etc. etc. crap need not apply.

Some of the zines that I will be carrying are Brainscan and Truckface, as well as the art zines Znakez, Druidism and Everlasting Bass by David Magdaleno.

If you're interested in hearing more or sending me something for consideration, please email me at falsestartdistro@gmail.com, post here or message me here. Thanks so much!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is so great that you're starting this distor mere. i had no idea. :) good for you. any library focused zines in the making?
I started toying with the idea probably a month ago, but it was my boyfriend who really pushed me to do it, and I'm really happy that he did! I'm getting really psyched, which kind of sucks because this is finals week and I need to focus on school! But I'm hoping to have a website in a few weeks and have the distro open for business by mid-January.

No library related zines are coming from me, but I've been meaning to write you a little note about Hello Alabama. If you're interested, I think it would be a good fit for the distro. You know how I love libraries (and librarians!). I think your discussion of race & library school is really interesting and important. If you're interested feel free to send me an email w/ yr wholesale/retail info!
Hey there! I was thinking about you the other day while reminiscing about the Panderboard and all the people from it that just kinda disappeared. Props for getting active in zines again!
Thanks dude! What was your username over there? I totally miss Pander, but it's nice being able to do this again and it's nice seeing so many familiar faces!
davenportavenger :)
I totally remember you! How have you been? I think I may have distroed Knock on Formica, but I can't quite remember!
Hi, would you be interested in seeing a copy of my feminist perzine for consideration, or do you think that wouldn't really fit in with the distro?

x
Hey Catherine,
If you think your zine will fit in, feel free to send it along! I saw that you write about being a musician, and that could be interesting to read about. I'll message you my address.

Catherine Elms said:
Hi, would you be interested in seeing a copy of my feminist perzine for consideration, or do you think that wouldn't really fit in with the distro?

x
I will send you my zine...once I finish it :) If I ever do.
I hope you do! I read what you wrote about it in the 'what are you working on' thread and it sounds really interesting!
Yo! i totally remember pander! and i TOTALLY remember supernova! back in da day....

i'll send you my zine as soon as i reprint. so by next week or so! good luck on the new distro!
I actually was wondering if I should even bother mentioning Supernova...I was so young when I did that! I kinda cringe when I look back on it! But I'm so thankful for zines & the distro, it totally made me who I am today.

I remember Loop Distro! I look forward to reading your zine. Maybe by the time you've reprinted I'll already have a PO Box, but if you don't see an address for me anywhere on here/my page, just message me and I'll let you know where to send it!

Billy Da Bunny said:
Yo! i totally remember pander! and i TOTALLY remember supernova! back in da day....

i'll send you my zine as soon as i reprint. so by next week or so! good luck on the new distro!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service