We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

hey, i just thought id post with this little Q...

last year sometime there was a post about a zine thing that was going on in brum, and i know its happened now, but id still like to see the post. does anyone know which one i mean?? ive tried searching and cant find it :S boooo

its just as far as i know ziney things dont often go on in the west midlands (or maybe they DO and im just totally unaware of it), so when i saw the post it made me go :D

thanks!! :)

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You imply that maybe ziney things go on in the East Midlands? We (the midlands in general) should totally have our own zine fest :)
any northern zine events! i cant afford to go down south for zine fests :(
There's at least 3 active zinester types in Nottingham at the moment and I know of someone in Birmingham...
I've wanted to help organise a zine event for quite a while...
Someone start a group and invite all those people. Then have an online discussion or meet up for dinner and talk or something.
I thought I'd throw in a completely unnecessary 'east midlands is barely NORTH' comment, just to rile people, who I would otherwise love to meet and invite up to Newcastle on the 1st weekend of may when we may do something.
love n bedtime

OH NO! ACTUALLY Nottingham people I'd really appreciate your help with a postal address for the Sparrows Nest (radical library incl. some zines). I was trying to post em something yesterday & couldn't find a post address, nor did their email work. Be much grateful if you emailed me at oldglen at gmail.com with it ta thanks very much ta ta

Matthew Murray said:
Someone start a group and invite all those people. Then have an online discussion or meet up for dinner and talk or something.
as i said to you on facebook, i was meaning the midlands really, but said *west* because thats where i live:) lol yeah we sooo should have ziney things :)

marchingstars said:
You imply that maybe ziney things go on in the East Midlands? We (the midlands in general) should totally have our own zine fest :)
yey :) this sounds like its a plan......

marchingstars said:
There's at least 3 active zinester types in Nottingham at the moment and I know of someone in Birmingham...
I've wanted to help organise a zine event for quite a while...
Hey, I'm from the West Midlands and thought I was like the only zinester here, so yeah; Midlands Zine Fest... that would be cool to organise, but I fear there'd be like three of us. But hey, that's better than nothing... :)
xox
Since there was some interest about having a meet up or something for zinesters in the midlands here is somewhere a discussion can happen: http://wemakezines.ning.com/group/midlandszinesters

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service