We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey,

I am new to this shittake but....

I did a call for submissions a while ago. When I recieved a submission I asked the individual for their mailing address so I could send their issue - and yes, while I haven't sent it out yet.

Is this common? Expected?

I have submitted to various other ppl and haven't heard anything back yet.

When you submit do you expect to hear from the zine maker? Or do you just submit and hope for the best? I would like to see the issue - to see my stuff in a zine! After all that's why I submitted! :)

Advice? Thoughts?

Thanks y'all!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There could be a myriad of reasons for not hearing back.  I would suggest to contact them individually to find out.  I'd give a good 6 months though.  I've been trying to collect submissions for Get Fit For The Pit #2 for about a year now, and still am short by a couple, so it has not published yet.

Also... zinesters can be a VERY flaky bunch.  The person may have just decided they weren't into the idea anymore. 

When someone submits something to my zine, I'll send you a copy. If you submit something to my zine and I actually use it, I'll send 2 copies.

everyone is flaky.  

i have tried to put together a few zines and gotten like one or two contributions, but not enough to put together the whole thing.  so things like that happen.  also my experience is that many people do not respond to mail i send, etc.  when i write back to people who write to me about my zine, they are often taken aback.  they are not used to hearing back.

i don't know if there is really an etiquette.  haha.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service