We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

if you order a zine from someone from here through paypal and they go more than a week or more without sending it you or sending you a note, what should you do? this person does not respond to comments on their page, so is the next step an email? i don't know if this person just disappeared off the face of the earth, but...

1. i REALLY wanted her zine.

2. i paid for it with my REAL money

3. if i don't get it by the end of the week, i'm going to start looking for ways to get my money back.

4. i kinda want to put this person on blast because i work really hard at mailing things out on time, all the time, and if i know i'm going to be even a day late, i send some sort of note explaining why and how. people pay me their money or trade with me, so i am responsible.

5. everyone on here has been LOVELY and refreshing and offered me so much help, i just get really bummed out when people just take my money, even $2 or $3 and rip me off.

any thoughts?

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bwhahahah! thanks for the laugh. I needed that.

ciaraxyerra said:
for once i agree with dan10things! amazing.
i am also a zinester who has a turned a (small but tidy) profit off zine-making. i just got home from the local infoshop, where i picked up $40 they owed me on zines that have already paid for themselves (copying & shipping), so that's $40 just for me. i don't even need to put it toward my new issue, which is breaking even already. i don't accept advertising. i just make smart financial choices about printing & shipping...& am timely in filling orders. happy orderers who receive their zines quickly are more likely to remember my zines & order them again when i have new issues out.
i see no reason to close this thread. it's taking on life that cocoa puss didn't intend, but if people who were burned by hannah are using it to get refunds, that is a useful purpose right there.

ps--dan, i wouldn't bother trying to reason with that "art takes time" dude. he's just one of hannah's auxiliary trolls, not really a zinester or anything.
Hey Holden,
I'm not going to be checking this thread anymore anyway. Its become jerk off material for people who have nothing better to do and has suppressed pathetic. I'm so over this. This is my last response here so if "someone" responds to this i wont even read it anyway. I can't wait to trade with you. I loved talking with you on the show!

Holden W. Attradies said:
Alright, I might be 100% off here, but if it's possible to lock this thread might we want to do it? It kind of feels at this mpoint nothing all too new can be said and the continuation of this thread is just going to keep rubbing people the wrong way...
"i see no reason to close this thread. it's taking on life that cocoa puss didn't intend, but if people who were burned by hannah are using it to get refunds, that is a useful purpose right there."

Cocoa Puss definitely jumped the gun, but after reading this thread and how many people have been burned by the same person it makes me think that her instincts were dead on. She just knew she wasn't getting her zine and the people who waited a lot longer than her who also didn't get their zine or replies to their inquiries sort of prove her right.

You don't have to treat your zine like a business but you do have to respect the people who trusted you with their money and at the very least reply to their e mails with something that isn't a lie.
after sitting with this thread for a while, I've come to similar conclusions too.

Ericfishlegs said:
"i see no reason to close this thread. it's taking on life that cocoa puss didn't intend, but if people who were burned by hannah are using it to get refunds, that is a useful purpose right there."

Cocoa Puss definitely jumped the gun, but after reading this thread and how many people have been burned by the same person it makes me think that her instincts were dead on. She just knew she wasn't getting her zine and the people who waited a lot longer than her who also didn't get their zine or replies to their inquiries sort of prove her right.

You don't have to treat your zine like a business but you do have to respect the people who trusted you with their money and at the very least reply to their e mails with something that isn't a lie.
i second the movement to close.

Holden W. Attradies said:
Alright, I might be 100% off here, but if it's possible to lock this thread might we want to do it? It kind of feels at this mpoint nothing all too new can be said and the continuation of this thread is just going to keep rubbing people the wrong way...
I think if it is serving no other purpose then to get refunds from Hannah, it should be close. There is no reason to do so in public unless it doesn't work in private.

However, I still am seeing some interesting points made, so if those continue, I think we should keep it open.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service