We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

The first zine I got was bound with red-and-white skinny twine. I've
seen other zines embellished with parchment paper or bound in ribbon. I
quite like those unusual touches, although obviously I've seen
beautiful zines that were "just" stapled!

Personally, as someone who can barely draw stick figures, I like the idea of using other materials to add a bit of colour and variety.

What are the best/most unusual/most memorable embellishments you've seen in a zine?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, it was a zine that came in an envelope- not for shipping or anything, the envelope was actually the cover. It was really neat that the creator incorporated a mailing envelope to be part of the zine itself. And it was handy too- the envelope had some stickers inside that fell out when I opened it.
i've embellished one with ribbon and lace. it's fun; a lovely change from scissors, glue and staples. :)

a few years ago, i received a zine that came in an envelope, with a photo on the front. that was quite nice. i like ones that come in little plastic slip too - makes it feel like a collector's item, even if i don't put it back in the slip after.
Oh wow, that's really cool! I love the idea of incorporating making the envelope part of the zine as well - it's like a complete package thing. lovely. :)

Ro- The Apocalypse Girl said:
For me, it was a zine that came in an envelope- not for shipping or anything, the envelope was actually the cover. It was really neat that the creator incorporated a mailing envelope to be part of the zine itself. And it was handy too- the envelope had some stickers inside that fell out when I opened it.
i really liked how you combined ribbon and lace; it's something different from even just ribbon OR lace! the combination works.

i thought the photo beneath that one was of a zine, too. that fluffy/furry stuff would make for an interesting imbellishment. LOL! :D

and i really like the idea of decorated envelopes, but the last time i tried printing on envelopes, everything went ridiculously wrong. wonder if the old school copy-paste method would work just as well.

sandy said:
i've embellished one with ribbon and lace. it's fun; a lovely change from scissors, glue and staples. :)

a few years ago, i received a zine that came in an envelope, with a photo on the front. that was quite nice. i like ones that come in little plastic slip too - makes it feel like a collector's item, even if i don't put it back in the slip after.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service