We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Documentary Film Project About Zine Culture

I'm working on a feature-length documentary film about zines and would like to hear from anyone who is a current or former zine publisher, distro owner or is otherwise active in the zine community about doing an on-camera interview about zines.

This is a zine-positive documentary that needs to show the diversity of personalities, interests and politics (or a lack thereof if that's your choice). It's is a self-financed project using pro-grade gear that will make the film festival circuit and be made available on DVD. (DVD production/distro will be crowdsourced via Kickstarter, but the production costs have already been budgeted and set aside.) 

Again--I am looking for people willing to be interviewed for the documentary. I am initially interested in speaking to people within the Chicago/Indianapolis/St. Louis/Milwaukee area as it's the closest to home base, but will be traveling for some of the production to get other interviews.

If you are interested in participating, PLEASE reply via E-MAIL rather than replying here--you can reach me at jwallace@now-sound.com and we can discuss the project further.

PS. The film is currently in PRE-PRODUCTION mode, which means interviews won't be scheduled immediately--we scheduled travel once there are enough participants to make travel between Chicago/St. Louis and elsewhere feasible for multiple interviews, etc.

Thank you very much for your interest and support. Updates on the project will be posted here and on Now-Sound.com as things progress.

Joe Wallace

Now-Sound.com

Tags: culture, documentary, films, zine, zines

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea! Was wondering why there were no documentaries about zine culture. Good luck :)

Joe,

Are you interested in taking video submissions?

There was a zine doc out several years back called $100 Dollars and a T-shirt.

https://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/_100_and_a_T-Shirt_A_Documentary...

It was mostly about the Portland zine scene.

Soupzine

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service