We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hi all,
Recently I got slightly bummed about my sales being so slow, so I got an etsy seller's guide (I know, laugh, it's funny) to see how to improve my shop and my sales. One of the main bits of advice was to choose only one type of product and only sell that. So in our case, only zines. But, I also like to create other stuff and sell that as well. Do you? Is it that confusing for buyers to browse through my zines AND jewelry, or zines AND cards? Does it make it seem like my shop is a "yardsale" (this is what the seller's guide said)? I would really love to hear your opinion on this, because I like the idea of selling multiple items and not just zines, even if they are my main item. I don't want my shop to seem like it's all over the place but I also love variety, so please let me know your opinions and experiences.
Thanks!
XOXOlivia

Views: 59

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, girl! I'm adding you as a fav right now! I love that you sell all sorts. You know what's funny? The seller's guide also said #1 rule - don't call your shop by your name - to hell with that dumb guide! Mine is my name too. :)

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Mine's full of different stuff, I've got zines, badges, photo prints, rosettes and brooches. It doesn't seem to confuse people, I have the stuff neatly filed away in categories.

( http://emmajane.etsy.com )
I was on etsy when it first opened, just as a customer, so I was free to choose a simple name, I just went with emmajane because emma was already taken

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service