We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Do you keep zines or pass them on after reading?

Do you keep zines or pass them on after reading? I kind of want to keep the zines to have a historical document of life in the real world today. However, I am a stasher, storer, hoarder, and keeper by nature, and my 4 book cases are full. I'm going to list my zines read on bookmooch.com for now. If someone wants one, they can mooch it for free.

I like zines!

Tags: mooch, read., share, zines

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some zines I keep, some I pass along. Zines that are among my favourites generally get kept forever and ever, and of course I keep zines made by my friends and pen pals. If there are zines I no longer want, I donate them to a library. I admit to having recycled a few zines in the past that I considered to be truly awful and not worth sharing, but like Amber said, that is pretty rare compared to the amount of zines I love and keep and re-read.
I keep all of mine. In alphabetical order. (mainly to pretend it's some kind of exciting personal library all organised and such). One of the homeware shops where I live sells clear plastic storage boxes with lids that happen to be the perfect size to fit 20 or so zines in, and I've got a stack of those boxes.
I keep all the zines I receive. I have quite a collection now. I admire the work that went into them; from writing them to binding them. I like to re-read my favorites.
zines rule. save the ones you love, pass the rest along. i have a huge stash in my personal collection
I keep them. I have given some away in "grab bags" before, but I mainly like to keep my zines. I keep them in those plastic totes. I actually like to get old zines out and re-read them, because sometimes the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time around, you get a different feel out of the zine & maybe you can relate to something more (or differently) as an older reader than when you were younger. Or else you just get embarrassed reading it as an older person! I dunno. Either way, I enjoy keeping the zines I have received over the years! I do lend them out too at times.
i keep mine, because i'm selfish and get attached to objects. i'm never adverse to lending them out, but it usually comes with a stern (if somewhat facetious) warning "if you lose this you are dead."
I'm a bibliophile, and I act the same for zines. my place is like a personnal books & zines library. I keep all of the zine I got, but sometimes I trade more than one zine with a person to share it with other people.

I only donate the zines I made to zine library, or zine I got twice.
right on rose...haha
borrowers should
return the
borrowed...

a..h...Z if they don't
but...once burned twice shy...so that type is likely
2 get only
1 thing...and
you have
GOBS
of other things
(as it sounds you R a packrat)...:)

rose abigail said:
i keep mine, because i'm selfish and get attached to objects. i'm never adverse to lending them out, but it usually comes with a stern (if somewhat facetious) warning "if you lose this you are dead."
I hang on to certain sentimental faves, particularly ones that have been going for a while (including but not limited to Paping, You Don't Get There From Here, Hausfrau, Roots & Wings, Lower East Side Librarian, Not My Small Diary, Miranda...) and anything I have reviewed in The East Village Inky.

The giveaways that are made by women go to the Barnard Zine Library, unless I know that the author is already donating there too.
The others go to ABC No Rio zine library.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service