We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Do you keep zines or pass them on after reading?

Do you keep zines or pass them on after reading? I kind of want to keep the zines to have a historical document of life in the real world today. However, I am a stasher, storer, hoarder, and keeper by nature, and my 4 book cases are full. I'm going to list my zines read on bookmooch.com for now. If someone wants one, they can mooch it for free.

I like zines!

Tags: mooch, read., share, zines

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I keep some and I pass others along. I tend to hoard books, movies, and other media, but I also like to share things. I guess I'm more likely to share the ones I get for free.
Yeah, I'm keeping the Allergies: How to Deal Zine. And I'll probably put White Elephants in my Mom's Christmas stocking. I think she'd get a kick out of that.

Dan said:
I keep some and I pass others along. I tend to hoard books, movies, and other media, but I also like to share things. I guess I'm more likely to share the ones I get for free.
I always try to keep them
I keep them, then lend them, which often leads to not keeping them, so it's a happy medium.
I tend to keep them. I often intend to pass them on, then can't bring myself to!
I keep most of my zines with the view to maiing them accessible to others sometime in the future. I dont re-read many though
I used to keep all of them. But a lot of times I'll read a zine and think, "This would be perfect for," whoever and pass it along to them. But some zinesters I keep everything of theirs because I think they should be archived. Someone mentioned White Elephants--I keep everything by Katie H.
oh, i definitely keep them.. i like to re-read them.. everyone does them so different, each with a piece of themselves inside.. they are all unique..
i have a huge box in my closet that i keep meaning to go through to donate to the zine library. but i never get around to it and so it moves with me.
I like the idea of donating to a zine library. Is there a handy list of zine libraries online?
http://www.undergroundpress.org/zine-resources/infoshops-zine-libra...

1k said:
I like the idea of donating to a zine library. Is there a handy list of zine libraries online?
I keep the ones that especially resonate with me and pass on ones that might resonate better with other people. Pass-ons usually go to Octapod or creative friends in need of some inspiration. Nothing's wasted or binned!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service