We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Please send any zines you may have for donation to :

sacramento public library
c/o periodicals
828 i street
sacramento ca 95814

it would be greatly appreciated and your zines would stay in the liibrary, just like the magazines.

ganks,
andy

Views: 4

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Don't be discouraged if a lot of zinesters don't jump to donate to the library immediately. I must admit i am sort of sick of being burned by "new zine libraries" which never come to be. Maybe once you establish a small collection (even if you have to purchase some with library funds) more people will be apt to donate.
What is the address to post zines to?
something possibly more unnevessary than my three posts about this topic is the fact that you feltt the need to reply to it. If you don't have anything real to contribute, i.e., a zine, why reply? Im not bothering anyone, Im just looking for help. many apologies.

Sarah said:
I have never seen a forum topic about pork and beans on this website. It does tend to stay strictly zine-oriented, which is strangely refreshing.

Do you really need to make 2-3 forum posts? Can't you just update the one you already posted?
Reggie Mental said:
You're severely taxing stayPOSI's ability to stay POSI with all these questions and remarks.

Ahahaha. I almost choked on my slushie.

Hey, I would donate, but I don't get why you posted two separate threads. It's too much! One thread would suffice.
Hi, I live in Sacramento and am wondering where I can find this zine collection. It's at central? And can I donate in person? If so, when and where?
the fact that he posted several threads is slightly noteworthy, but only such. i'd like to show a little sacramento zinester solidarity here and support the notion that it's pretty lame that some zinesters chose to tease andy by saying that they WOULD have sent their zines, if only if only he hadn't posted SO MANY THREADS. it just seems a bit childish, like maybe some of us are a little bored here and have resorted to nitpicking. i understand hesitation on the zinesters' part in donating zines, especially with the prevalence of half-baked efforts where people claim to be starting a library or distro and never finish the project, leaving many pissed off zinesters wishing they hadn't been so generous. personally, i have faith that this project is being started with decent intentions, by a zinester with the opportunity to create a small zine collection whose zines have a great chance of being read by a large amount of people, being that the particular branch that andy works at happens to be the hub of sacramento's 25+ branches and is probably the most popular. i think it's great if people send their zines to him, and if they don't want to, it really isn't a big deal, and certainly not worth the ridicule of someone who is trying to be an active part of the community.
Well, the fact that this person typed an all caps subject line about BELLYBUTTONS to get our attention, and then started another thread saying I NEED YR HELP!, about the same topic, instead of typing a subject that is actually about his library - is noteworthy. So noteworthy that it kind of turns me off to submitting my zine. Maybe I've been burned by libraries in the past and I'm just bitter about it. Either way, I don't think anyone was judging him or ridiculing him as an individual. I'm sure Andy is a wonderful well-meaning person.

Coco Negro said:
the fact that he posted several threads is slightly noteworthy, but only such. i'd like to show a little sacramento zinester solidarity here and support the notion that it's pretty lame that some zinesters chose to tease andy by saying that they WOULD have sent their zines, if only if only he hadn't posted SO MANY THREADS. it just seems a bit childish, like maybe some of us are a little bored here and have resorted to nitpicking. i understand hesitation on the zinesters' part in donating zines, especially with the prevalence of half-baked efforts where people claim to be starting a library or distro and never finish the project, leaving many pissed off zinesters wishing they hadn't been so generous. personally, i have faith that this project is being started with decent intentions, by a zinester with the opportunity to create a small zine collection whose zines have a great chance of being read by a large amount of people, being that the particular branch that andy works at happens to be the hub of sacramento's 25+ branches and is probably the most popular. i think it's great if people send their zines to him, and if they don't want to, it really isn't a big deal, and certainly not worth the ridicule of someone who is trying to be an active part of the community.

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service