We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey paleozinesters,

Anyone else into zines about dinosaurs?

I grew up seeing boring dinos posing for 'educational' books, and dino comics I've seen in the past usually portray dinos as Godzilla-superheros/supervillains...so I like to make zines about weird lil dinos out of my mind, such as dino punk subculture.  For me, dinos have always been a bit geeky and awkward, nothing like that flashy crap in Jurassic Park.  So of course they belong in zines.

And you?

-Rio

Tags: dinosaurs

Views: 29

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd certainly be interested. Are there any around?
Mmm, I've done a couple-- "Billy Wuzza Dino #1" which is a comic about the lives of some dinos and humans, under the pretense that dinos never died out but just became a marginalized social group. The last one I did is called "Dino Punx" and is a storybook with pictures about what dinosaur punk culture is. Lemme know if you wanna trade or something.

There's a fellow in Portland, OR named James Williams who does dinosaur comic zines, but I don't have any of his info. I'll post it if I find it.
Now I want to make a dino zine!
That sounds really cool! I'd be willing to trade with you, or pay you or whatever.

Rio Safari said:
Mmm, I've done a couple-- "Billy Wuzza Dino #1" which is a comic about the lives of some dinos and humans, under the pretense that dinos never died out but just became a marginalized social group. The last one I did is called "Dino Punx" and is a storybook with pictures about what dinosaur punk culture is. Lemme know if you wanna trade or something.

There's a fellow in Portland, OR named James Williams who does dinosaur comic zines, but I don't have any of his info. I'll post it if I find it.
my adress is 681 penfield rd rochester ny 14625
I'll send my zine to you as soon as I print it, so sometime next week
thanks!
I've been thinking about making one for a while, actually. it's good to know other people think like I do, maybe that'll push me into coming up with something :)

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2015   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service