We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hey paleozinesters,

Anyone else into zines about dinosaurs?

I grew up seeing boring dinos posing for 'educational' books, and dino comics I've seen in the past usually portray dinos as Godzilla-superheros/supervillains...so I like to make zines about weird lil dinos out of my mind, such as dino punk subculture.  For me, dinos have always been a bit geeky and awkward, nothing like that flashy crap in Jurassic Park.  So of course they belong in zines.

And you?

-Rio

Tags: dinosaurs

Views: 21

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd certainly be interested. Are there any around?
Mmm, I've done a couple-- "Billy Wuzza Dino #1" which is a comic about the lives of some dinos and humans, under the pretense that dinos never died out but just became a marginalized social group. The last one I did is called "Dino Punx" and is a storybook with pictures about what dinosaur punk culture is. Lemme know if you wanna trade or something.

There's a fellow in Portland, OR named James Williams who does dinosaur comic zines, but I don't have any of his info. I'll post it if I find it.
Now I want to make a dino zine!
That sounds really cool! I'd be willing to trade with you, or pay you or whatever.

Rio Safari said:
Mmm, I've done a couple-- "Billy Wuzza Dino #1" which is a comic about the lives of some dinos and humans, under the pretense that dinos never died out but just became a marginalized social group. The last one I did is called "Dino Punx" and is a storybook with pictures about what dinosaur punk culture is. Lemme know if you wanna trade or something.

There's a fellow in Portland, OR named James Williams who does dinosaur comic zines, but I don't have any of his info. I'll post it if I find it.
my adress is 681 penfield rd rochester ny 14625
I'll send my zine to you as soon as I print it, so sometime next week
thanks!
I've been thinking about making one for a while, actually. it's good to know other people think like I do, maybe that'll push me into coming up with something :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service