We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

As a kid, the first zine I ever participate (and ever read) was photocopied at the town-hall office. We were a no-benefit show promoter (wich sometimes raise public funds in france) and we run a music-distro so we made a fanzine from 2000 to 2006 to promote our shows, a little catalog of the distros, a lot of interviews, reviews, essays... It was copied on the "Department for Culture and Entertainment" of the town-hall, so we never paid for the printings and we made from 200 to 600 copies I guess. I didn't remember, all I know is that : it was free. (and this is how I discover the zines).

When I first wanted to do one by myself, I found that copiers around are truly expensive (€.10 per copy, at least), and I never want to put ads on it so I forgot till I moved to a biggest town, and copy-shop who provides copies from €.04 to €.03 wich is cheaper, and better because they're to busy, so you can copy it all by yourself (but it is pre-paid cards so you can't steal any copies...)

Well, how expensive are your copies in the places you live ? How much do you pay for it ? Can you still steal some of it to reduce the cost ?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i go to a printer called, "the copy place" on spadina south of bloor. it's next to the beer store. there's a 3 cent place just south of bloor on the west side. that one's downstairs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service