We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Compilation Zine for International Zine Month

In celebration of International Zine Month for July 2009 I am creating a compilation zine about how YOU got into zines. The zine will be titled, "ENTRY POINT" aka "How did I get myself into this mess?" It's time to spill your guts about how Sassy Magazine, Riot Grrrl, the book Hard Love, etc turned you into the zinester you are today.

The format will be 1/2 sized. What I would like is for each zinester wanting to take part to submit their own ONE page of a 1/2 zine, already layed out. I think it will give an interesting look to have all of these zinesters from all around the world use their own style and layout techniques to talk about how they got into zines. If you want to be able to be contacted, or even promote your own projects, please list your contact information on your page.

I would prefer that these are mailed to me so i can paste them all ready to go in a mock up. Emailing is also an option, but remember the quality just won't be as good if i have to print it out.

Each person who has an entry and any zine distros interested will receive a "flat" from me. The idea is to give this zine away for FREE in the month of July. You can make your own copies to give out to as many people as possible.

If you wish to participate please submit your piece NO LATER than April 30, 2009. I will do the mock up in May and i will ensure everyone has their flat at the beginning of June so they can get their copies ready for International Zine Month in July.

Submit work to:

Nicole Introvert
P.O. Box 35501
Richmond, VA 23235
USA

Questions? nicole.introvert@gmail.com

Would you like to donate some cash to help with the cost of copies/shipping? Pay Pal any donations: nicole.introvert@gmail.com

IZM Blog: http://internationalzinemonth.wordpress.com/

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nicole: I will be dropping my entry in the mail tomorrow and hopefully it will reach you in a few days. Sorry to be late.
I have been sporadically working on this. I may just send you some text. My life has been hectic and I'm currently sitting in the Vancouver, BC airport. I have started this project about 3 times. the most recent one I started writing was at the airport bar. Seriously, how did I get here? I'm going to a zine fest in London this weekend!
Alex... even if you just send me text... that'd be awesome! I would love a contribution from you!

Alex Wrekk said:
I have been sporadically working on this. I may just send you some text. My life has been hectic and I'm currently sitting in the Vancouver, BC airport. I have started this project about 3 times. the most recent one I started writing was at the airport bar. Seriously, how did I get here? I'm going to a zine fest in London this weekend!
Glad I found out about this right at the deadline! I'll send you a submission and a copy of my zine in tomorrow's mail. Sounds like a great project!! I'm opening a gallery this summer so I can make a ton of copies to distribute!
Just a little FYI... i will take entries as long as they get to me by May 15th. :)
How's this project coming along?

I just realized yesterday that International Zine Month is next month!

Can't wait to see this compilation zine.

And I'm trying to get it together to have a 24-hour zine thing slumber party. I live in a small place, so I have to keep the guest list very short.
i totally missed the deadline for this one. which is sad....
Chantel G. said:

And I'm trying to get it together to have a 24-hour zine thing slumber party. I live in a small place, so I have to keep the guest list very short.

I've got the zine completely layed out... i am just trying to figure out a cover. That'll be done along with copying/mailing the flats this weekend!! People should probably receive their flats by the end of next week.
This is good news! Yippee!

Covers are always really difficult for me. They are so important, therefore, so tricky. Good Luck!

And thanks so much for taking on this project. I know it is going to be fabulous!

NicoleIntrovert said:
Chantel G. said:

I've got the zine completely layed out... i am just trying to figure out a cover. That'll be done along with copying/mailing the flats this weekend!! People should probably receive their flats by the end of next week.
Thanks for the progress update!
I am so excited to get this zine and make copies and hand it out to people. Have the flats been sent out yet? I haven't received mine, but I will check my post office box today.
Hey - i am a little late sending out the flats. I promise that they WILL be mailed this week. Thanks!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service