We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Collaboration (mostly literary) zine. Anyone want to participate?

So, I was thinking... because I know that a lot of us have half finished projects that we do not know how to finish/have already forgotten about/ still waiting for a "eureka moment" to continue, maybe we can collaborate...

what do you guys think?

I was thinking that someone can start the story, then depending on how many would want to participate, we all contribute to the story(without really consulting each other on what to write next... so the end result would be something really unpredictable for everyone) such that we pass the document around until we finish the story... we can either write X number of paragraphs each or a chapter each, and then give the document to the next participant, etc.

Anyone interested? Oh cmon, you know it's going to be fun!

Suggestions are totally welcome :)

(i got the idea from an exercise that our guild usually do, except that we each start our story with a sentence or two, then we fold the paper before passing it to the next person in the circle, such that the next person will see only the last few words... then s/he makes up what will happen next solely based from the few words that she is able to see... the end result is usually a totally random but awesome story--think I am the walrus by the beatles)

for more info, you can also check my site

and when you decide to participate, just click this and fill out the form.

Tags: collaboration., literary, participants, story, zine

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

*bump* no one else what to give it a go? only 4 people have officially signed up, plus a few who has shown interest.... i'll give it 'til friday night before sign-ups close. it should start over the weekend or something. :)
maybe there's some confusion about intention- for fun? To do more with? etc.
well when it comes to writing or joining, i think every writer/zinester will have their own intention.

but as to why the project came about (aside from my sheer boredom) is to work with other people and to post as a challenge; to see how flexible we can be in writing. i.e. given someone has already made the main plot of the story, how do you continue it without compromising uor own writing style, and yet managing to let all the ends meet and the story, in general, to mesh together.

what do we do with it after? if everyone agrees, we can publish it, with all participants getting a copy of the final result/flat.

what do we do after that? whatever we want.. sell it, give it away for free, etc.

im not sure if that answers your question though...

Lynn said:
maybe there's some confusion about intention- for fun? To do more with? etc.
If you want to write the first part, I Am, I'm happy to do part two. But how do we pass it on to the next writer without giving the beginning away? Using this page's instant messaging maybe?
I thought I had replied to this, but I don't see it any where! I hate it when that happens! But yes, I am interested. Trading a story around sounds interesting! I recently did something similar with mail art, started a drawing, sent it to a friend, who will add to it, send it to another, who finishes, then sends it back to me. I'm anxious to see the result!
hey! im not sure if you've read the info in the site but yeah it'd be great if you sign up too... it's kind of a pledge of sorts that you will REALLY do it. :) also, just a side note, the difference between this and the example I meantioned (IN THE EXPLANATION AT THE SITE) IS THAT YOU GET TO SEE EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE WROTE BEFORE YOU. the only thing you cannot control or see is where it will go, since the one you pass it to will determine that.

rogerSIMIAN said:
If you want to write the first part, I Am, I'm happy to do part two. But how do we pass it on to the next writer without giving the beginning away? Using this page's instant messaging maybe?
omg maybe i should try doing that too! ha!

hey, i'll have ask you to fill in the sign up form through the site too... thanks! more updates regarding how this is going to go through the week...

Madrea Marie Loy said:
I thought I had replied to this, but I don't see it any where! I hate it when that happens! But yes, I am interested. Trading a story around sounds interesting! I recently did something similar with mail art, started a drawing, sent it to a friend, who will add to it, send it to another, who finishes, then sends it back to me. I'm anxious to see the result!
Cool - I'll go fill that in later. Can I just ask though why you need people's home addresses?
well it's optional, but i guess it's so it's easy to send the flats to everyone right after it's all done... because i know how it's sometimes a trouble to be emailing everyone again to ask where to send flats to...if you get what i mean... unless, of course if everyone just wants the scanned copies sent to their email, that would be fine too :)

rogerSIMIAN said:
Cool - I'll go fill that in later. Can I just ask though why you need people's home addresses?
I'm over in Scotland but I'll just leave the State blank if it's ok and type up my PO BOX.
Ah, it's not letting me do that.
balrgh, really? i'll look into it and try to see if i can edit the form or something. oh and isnt there an "other" option for state? thanks

rogerSIMIAN said:
Ah, it's not letting me do that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service