We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Is there anyone out there who wants to split a room for the Chicago Zine Fest? I've been researching them, and it seems like the one that is the closest and also cheapest (in the area) is the Travelodge at 65 East Harrison St. at $79 per night (before taxes). I figure that split between three or even four people, that is downright inexpensive and it's literally blocks from the zine fest location. Does anyone want to go in on a room? I'll make all the arrangements, you can Paypal me or send me a check, my email address is blacklightdiner at gmail dot com. I would prefer to stay with other women but I'm pretty much up for crashing with anyone at this point since I've really been slacking on getting together stuff for the zine fest. If I don't make arrangements soon, I might not be able to go at all.

Also, as I will be taking the subway (I guess this is what the different "lines" are?) from the airport to the hotel, does anyone in Chicago know if it is a) walkable from the airport and b) slow enough during the day that I'll be able to bring a small rolling cart with my clothes and distro stuff?

Thanks in advance! I am not the world's best solo traveler.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Talk around, you might be able to find zinesters to crash with!  Or just flirt with some Columbia College kids and shack up with one of them!  Offer to do dishes, they'll take  you in!

Whichever airport you fly into, the train lines leave directly from the airports.  (Blueline from O'Hare, Orange Line from Midway).  Head towards the loop and get off at one of the president streets (Roosevelt, or maybe Harrison)

Don't worry, you'll figure it out!  People are nice, just ask!

I don't know any zinesters in Chicago, if I did I would have contacted them already. I like having everything set before I get somewhere, I don't really plan on the fly.

Billy Da Bunny said:

Talk around, you might be able to find zinesters to crash with!  Or just flirt with some Columbia College kids and shack up with one of them!  Offer to do dishes, they'll take  you in!

Whichever airport you fly into, the train lines leave directly from the airports.  (Blueline from O'Hare, Orange Line from Midway).  Head towards the loop and get off at one of the president streets (Roosevelt, or maybe Harrison)

Don't worry, you'll figure it out!  People are nice, just ask!

Hey Erica,

You might have some luck posting here: http://chicagozinefest.org/forum/1 

I bet a couple of the fest organizers will be housing people, or know people who have a place to crash.

It would be awesome for people to start using the forum on the website! No one really has yet but it could be a great resource if it caught on. Someone did just post offering a place to crash. So check on there and see if you're interested in taking him up on it.

There's also a facebook fan page with a 'discussions' section. That could be helpful too. 

just a quick update. i posted about the forum on facebook, and a few people have already posted in the housing section of the forum, both offering and looking for space! 

look over that way. post on there if you have space to put people up!

there's also a ride share section on the forum, and you can start any topic you'd like as well =0)

http://chicagozinefest.org/node/39

ramsey everydaypants said:

It would be awesome for people to start using the forum on the website! No one really has yet but it could be a great resource if it caught on. Someone did just post offering a place to crash. So check on there and see if you're interested in taking him up on it.

There's also a facebook fan page with a 'discussions' section. That could be helpful too. 

Thanks for the replies! I knew there was a forum on the site, but there were no posts when I checked it like a month ago, I didn't think of looking there for housing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service