We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I implore all who are active members of this site to read this page and decide whether your freedom -- your right to express yourself -- is important to you. Please click and read this article which, in time, is going to affect you. If you agree, please also pass it on to your friends -- anyone who you consider value their freedom. I don't yet have any friends here, so my efforts will be minimal without your help in passing this on.

The information is on another site, but in this instance, it is a case of us joining together to fight this. Many thanks.

Mike
Just for good measure, here is the link in case you experience problems. It could already be on a censor list.
http://www.thespiritguidesnetwork.co.uk/forum/topics/is-australia-a...

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard about this. It also reminds me the time the Pakistani government blocked YouTube from entering their country and yet they ended up blocking it from several other counrties.
Yul Tolbert said:
I heard about this. It also reminds me the time the Pakistani government blocked YouTube from entering their country and yet they ended up blocking it from several other counrties.

Great and do you agree with these moves? If so are you willing to forward this on to others so that there is more awareness created?
I don't agree with these moves since they are likely to block the "good" sites as well as the "bad." And yes, I'm willing to forward the message about how Australia's new Internet censorship policy is counterproductive.
Yul Tolbert said:
I don't agree with these moves since they are likely to block the "good" sites as well as the "bad." And yes, I'm willing to forward the message about how Australia's new Internet censorship policy is counterproductive.

I seem to have got off on the wrong foot with some of your fellow members regarding what they consider to be a controversial issue. In the meantime I've tried to bring to their attention the dangers that face us with censorship. As they have already branded me as some kind of hate spreader, I don't seem to be able to get through to them just how serious this is. They think I have a personal issue and I'm just scaremongering in order to profit with my own agenda. Believe me, nothing is further from the truth. If I let you into that page which is headed What brought down the Hudson River Plane, perhaps you can see through this and explain to them that I'm on their side. They think that they are in a safe site and that I shouldn't have come in with my propaganda. It's quite laughable if you knew who I am. So I'd be grateful if you could help.
Mike,

I clicked on both your links and I guess I got to your "article" (though it only seemed like a few paragraphs followed by comments). I checked "print preview" to see how many pages it was, so I could decide whether I wanted to spend ink & paper on it, but minutes later that was still blank. I decided to go ahead and print it, but so far nothing's happened. I don't do much screen reading, it tends to be too much work, especially on dial-up.

How could I, as a libertarian, not agree with you about Australia's Net censorship, not to mention your comments on Big Pharma. But I've know about Big Government's intrusion into manifold freedoms for decades. It's no big revelation. I don't even know what an MP is, and I can never remember who my national, state and local representatives are. Writing protest letters and e-mails to politicos is a drag and I rarely do it. I've doubted for a long time that it makes the slightest difference in changing their closed, statist, authoritarian minds. The main strategy I've tried to use in the last few years is "speaking truth to power", frankly and bluntly, to use an expression by Anita Hill.

At this point I couldn't blame other members of this forum for being put off that it's being used to talk about all this. After all, it's a bit distant from the topic this site is supposed to be all about----ZINES.

Maybe if you want to enlist the aid of members of this forum, you need to get a good old fashioned snail mail box, write a good old fashioned ink on paper ZINE, and offer it for sale or trade like the rest of us are doing.

If that seems silly, pointless, boring or too much work, then maybe you're not on the right forum at all.

James

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service